11 months ago
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. They build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of new and exciting ideas. Atkins have a vision to shape the future of transportation, to lead where others follow and to deliver the future of mobility today. With 3,000 staff across the UK & Europe, they are brilliantly placed to lead the sector at a time when Government commitment and investment in infrastructure is at all-time high.
Getting close to the heart of their clients, Atkins has a number of lead roles on major programmes for Network Rail, Highways England, TfL, as well as being at the centre of major projects like High Speed 2, Crossrail and Heathrow airport expansion.
It’s not just about today; Atkins are investing in capability to lead on intelligent mobility, the digital railway and digital asset management – all aimed at creating the transport networks of the future.They are looking for leaders to join the team to further shape this vision and to lead the industry forward.
Principally you will be working on schemes involving drainage from highways, commercial, residential and public buildings including discharging to public sewers, local watercourses and soakaways using both traditional and SUDS solutions.
You will also be responsible for undertaking flood risk assessments; small pumping station designs and carrying our civil engineering designs as required.
• Responsible for developing market opportunities with existing and potential clients.
• Responsible for preparation of briefs, scope of works.
• Completion of technical tasks as appropriate to complete the works
• Liaison with clients and other external organizations.
• Carry out all tasks in accordance with Atkins Quality Assurance procedures.
• Review and authorise reports, drawings and assessments prior to submission to the client.
• Using relevant software packages – WinDes and InfoWork
The ideal candidate for this role will need to be able to demonstrate the following level of skills and experience:
• Degree in Civil Engineering or other appropriate qualification.
• Extensive post graduate experience in design consultancy work or similar
• Extensive relevant drainage/civil engineering work experience in a similar role.
• Recently chartered or approaching chartership or ambition to gain CEng.
• Able to produce technical reports in a clear and concise form.
• Able to communicate effectively with both colleagues and clients
• Competent in using IT including Word, Excel, Power-point, emails and the Internet
• Able to work with and manage junior engineers and technicians
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days’ additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
Atkins develops individuals through a tailored portfolio of training and development courses designed to help successful candidates make the best of their abilities and talents.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.