9 months ago
Atkins provides drainage design and flood risk assessment services to Private Developers, Rail, Water, Energy and Highway markets. Due to a growing workload we are keen to strengthen our existing team.
We require a Project/Civil Engineer to join the team of 30 staff in our Belfast Office. You will be required to undertake the design of drainage infrastructure for Private Developer and Transportation projects with emphasis on Flood Risk Assessments, sewerage, development drainage, railway and highway drainage including SuDS.
You will have strong technical skills and experience in designing drainage infrastructure for developers/highway schemes and/or undertaking FRAs.
We actively encourage strong, direct relationships with our clients, internal and external, so you will also be required to work with existing internal external clients.
* Honours Degree in Civil Engineering or related subject
* Attained or working towards Chartered status (ICE or CIWEM or EI)
* Experience in the conceptual and detailed design of development infrastructure – storm/foul drainage including attenuation and flow control to Sewers for Adoption NI;
* Experience of undertaking FRAs and DAs to NI Legislation (PPS 15) and knowledge of current DfI Rivers requirements;
* Be conversant with drainage elements of DMRB.
* Working knowledge of the CDM Regulations 2016 (NI)
* Desirable Criteria
* Experience in the conceptual and detailed design of highway/railway drainage
* Experience in the use of design software (MicroDrainage and/or Civils 3D and/or Infoworks ICM)
* Experience of the transportation and/or housing, commercial sector
* Experience working with Private Developers
* Basic Knowledge of FEH and other hydrological methodologies
* You will be responsible for:
* Undertaking FRAs and producing drainage infrastructure design packages
* Checking FRAs and drainage infrastructure designs undertaken by junior staff
* Compliance with the CDM Regulations 2016 (NI) and safety and environmental requirements
You will possess the following:
* Be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of multidisciplinary teams
* Demonstrate experience in a similar role
* The ability to work to time and cost budgets
* Good communications skills
* A willingness to work with Clients and their project teams
* Good presentation and report writing skills
* A flexible approach to work
Type of work/projects likely to include
* Integrated catchment/river modelling for Private developers and DfI
* Drainage Area Planning/Urban Drainage modelling work
* Software including Infoworks ICM/CS
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Travel to other Atkins and client site locations may occasionally be necessary and you must willing to travel as required from time to time which may involve stays away from home.
Rewards and Benefits
* Atkins’ competitive core benefits package includes:
* 25 days paid annual leave plus 8 bank holidays and the ability to purchase up to 15 days additional leave or sell up to 5 days leave
* Contributory Pension Scheme, Atkins will match and double employee contributions
* Life Assurance Scheme
* Personal accident cover
* Childcare vouchers
* Professional fees paid
* Give as you earn – charity contributions
* Private medical insurance discount
* Employee Referral Bounty Scheme
* IT Related discounts
* Bike4Work scheme – opportunity to benefit from tax and NI savings on a new bike used primarily to travel to work.
* Health Club Membership Discount – Corporate rates available on over 1,700 participating health clubs, spas and gyms
* Leisure discounts 15% off Virgin Experience Days, discounts available on Thomas Cook holidays, get between 25% - 50% off Merlin Entertainments (including Alton Towers, Madame Tussauds, Sea Life Centres etc.)
* Employee Assistance Well-being Programme – 24 hour free confidential information and advice
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview