4 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Civil Drainage Engineer to support the developing work load in our civil engineering section in our London office. The office undertakes a wide variety of major and challenging infrastructure projects for the private and public sector. We seek to provide integrated solutions incorporating state of the art design. Specifically, we are seeking to strengthen our delivery capacity and require an applicant experienced in the design of infrastructure drainage projects (including SUDS) experienced in the use of Micro-drainage is essential. The ability to undertake flood risk assessments would be an integral part of the role.
* Responsible for maintaining computer / office/ project records
* Acts as a point of contact for the department / project
* Conducts site visits / surveys
* Delivers specific project work
* Ideally academically qualified and eligible for C Eng MICE (i.e suitable MSc)
* I Eng candidates would be considered as would candidates wishing to progress to CWEM (i.e suitable BSc) and offering extensive experience in lieu of academic and professional qualification
* You will have experience in drainage infrastructure projects (including highway drainage), general building drainage works
* Drainage Design Competence (Knowledge of SfA and the Building Regulations)
* Knowledge of current and emerging SUDS technology and legislation is also required
* The successful individual will be required to undertake liaison with statutory regulators and approvers (S 104 of the WIA etc)
* Competence in Microdrainage and experience in 3D drainage design advantageous
* Ability to use AutoCAD to support drainage design work (ability in civils 3D would be an advantage)
* Competence in preparing specification documents using SfA, Specification for highway works, NTSS
* Excellent interpersonal skills with a medium term objective of undertaking a controlled client facing role
* Good organisational skills
* Experience in undertaking flood risk assessments according to the NPPF and PPG would be advantageous
* A current UK driving licence
* Suitable and willingness to be cleared for working on DIO projects.
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through three interconnected business streams:
* WYG Advisory is a proactive management consultancy designed to help identify opportunities for our clients, support their decision-making processes and deliver effective programmes.
* WYG Consulting assembles specialist teams to offer high value services to the markets in which we operate.
* WYG International Development works to optimise the value and impact of donor funded projects in collaboration with our partners and other stakeholders. It aims to improve socio-economic stability, enhance infrastructure and unlock the potential for sustainable development.
WYG PLC's shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
In return for your dedication, you’ll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare and retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday. You’ll also benefit from great training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.