8 months ago
We require a Document Controller, to be based in Cannock, Staffordshire
In this role you will be responsible for implementation, development, operation and collation of all contract documentation and computer records. Ensuring the most efficient ways of working, whilst ensuring integrity of all documentation. It’s the nature of the role and project that you’ll also be involved in some general administrative duties also.
* Maintain an electronic document control system to meet the requirements of the project
* Provide training to team members across a range of abilities
* Instruct new members of the team in the discipline and importance of adhering to document control systems and procedures
* Monitor compliance and advise senior management of individuals failing to observe these systems and procedures
* Provide innovative and proactive advice on document management
* Development of process maps explaining documentation process
* Receive documents in data, paper and electronic formats
* Maintain and Implement the Document Control Filing System
What you’ll be able to demonstrate:
* Experience of working within this field of expertise
* Knowledge and experience of ProjectWise software
* First-hand exposure of Document Control and Management in the construction/civil-engineering sector
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience of operating IT systems, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access and/or dedicated Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS)
* Ability to manage and build relationship with diverse stakeholders
At Murphy, we believe our people are our greatest asset, which is why they are at the heart of our company and everything we do.
The diversity of individuals and skills we require is simply huge and we need a large workforce of varied skills to match the size and complexity of our projects.
With such a range of projects and professions, Murphy is the ideal place to develop your career. We offer a number of apprentice, graduate and entry level positions within our Murphy Academy, as well as roles for more experienced candidates.