about 1 month ago
Based Staffordshire, West Midlands
We require an experienced document control expert to join our team in Staffordshire, West Midlands for a major Civil Engineering Rail project.
* Encourage a document control culture and awareness within the Project / BU / Sector teams
* Ensure the Sector / BU / Project teams adhere to group procedures and governance
* Maintain professional working relationships with team members and stakeholders
* Delegation of appropriate work to junior staff, whilst maintaining accountability
* Cover work for other DCs as required
Document Control Delivery
* Ensure document control is the focal point for all construction documentation and is manged in a controlled manner
* Ensure document control requirements are administered as per contract requirements and within agreed timescales.
* Make sure only approved, current documentation is available for use by all relevant parties at the point of use.
* Ensure Obsolete/Superseded/Withdrawn documents are kept by DC for reference or other purposes. Ensure they are clearly identified and/or stored separately. Ensure other holders of Obsolete/Superseded/Withdrawn documents are deleted/destroyed or marked as 'Superseded' and removed from possible use
* Carry out periodic checks to ensure compliance
* Maintain the CDE (F Drive/Aconex and/or Client CDE). Ensure information stored on Client's CDEs is permanently available or transferred to the JMS CDE prior to contract completion
* Create and maintain document registers as required
* Previous experience in a professional Document Control team, in a professional organisation
* Team player, with an eye on continuous improvement
* Positive, can-do attitude
* Intelligent and articulate
* ACONEX or CONJECT experience would be advantageous. EDMS experience is a must