5 months ago
Main Purpose of Role
We are looking for a Document Controller to join a National Grid project in London. The role will initially be based in our North West London, London office before moving to the site in Croydon in the new year. As Document Controller you will be responsible for implementation, development, operation and collation of all Contract documentation and computer records. Ensure most efficient ways of working whilst ensure integrity of all documentation.
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
* Set up and maintain an electronic document control system to meet the needs of the Work Winning and Marketing teams.
* Provide training to team members across a range of abilities
* Instruct new members of the team in the discipline and importance of adhering to document control systems and procedures
* Monitor compliance and advise senior management of individuals failing to observe these systems and procedures
* Provide innovative and proactive advice on document management
* Understanding of BIM process (PAS1192-2)
* Working knowledge of BS1192:2007
* Development of process maps explaining documentation process
* Receive documents in data, paper and electronic formats
* Maintain and Implement the Document Control Filing System.
* Ensure regular archiving is carried out
* Assist when required with the logging all incoming and outgoing correspondence on relevant registers
* Distribution of correspondence received from Client and/or subcontractors
* Process responses to documents issued
* Administer requests for information
* Chase responses to documents issued where required
* Document Control Registers such as Calibration of Equipment, RAMS etc.
* Drawing Management in line with Group / Clients requirements
* Ensuring all Superseded Documents is clearly marked up as S/S.
* Liaising with Design Team to obtain relevant information for Datebooks.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Experience of working in a similar role
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience of operating IT systems, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access and/or dedicated Electronic Document Management Systems such as Hummingbird and BIW.
* Ability to manage and build relationship with diverse stakeholders