4 months ago
Document Control Administrator (16 MONTH F/T)
Job number: UK12794
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Administration & Support
Region/State: North West
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Fixed Term
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Document Control Administrator to join our Regional team to work in Cheadle, Manchester.
Manage and control all site, project and corporate documentation across a region or division, ensure accurate registration, storage of drawings and specifications and accurate liaison with site and project based staff. Ability to use client data input systems and co-ordinate all the document control for a project.
What you'll be doing
As a Document Control Administrator, you will have the following accountabilities:
* Manage the requirements for document control on one or more bids to ensure implementation and compliance to standards established within the Business Management System (BMS);
* Identify contractual requirements in relation to Document control;
* Ensure accurate control of bid documentation from pre-construction/ PQQ through to completion and archiving;
* Liaise with project or bid teams to ensure they have a full understanding of document control and system procedures and provide training and instruction as required such that documentation control requirements are met;
* Ensure that procedures are fully implemented in order to meet requirements of the BMS and other documentation and information systems, e.g. Business Collaborator;
* Manage business archiving such that all documentation is stored efficiently and can be accessed and referenced at all times;
* Work to continuously improve and enhance procedures and systems utilised for document control;
* Provide feedback such that bid managers are fully aware of all documentation issues;
* Understand and carry out the role specific requirements of the Business Management System and help to identify opportunities for improvement;
* Live the Balfour Beatty Values;
* Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
* Support the delivery of CSUK’s Sustainability activities;
* Undertake a full range of administrative duties to ensure an efficient service is delivered to allocated team;
* Screen incoming mail, telephone calls and emails on behalf of team and manage all appropriate correspondence;
* Be fully conversant in MS Office to produce a range of spread sheets, documents and presentations;
* Undertake multi diary management and plan schedules in diaries to optimise the working time of allocated team;
* Arrange and attend team meetings/conferences as required, to take minutes, and ensure appropriate facilities are organised.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* A good understanding of IT and the Business Collaborator EDMS;
* An ability to understand how the operations of the department relate to others and work collaboratively to obtain the best outcome for the business;
* Good interpersonal and communication skills;
* Determination to see tasks through to completion, with excellent planning and organisation skills;
* Secretarial and/or administrative experience in construction sector;
* Highly organised and able to work on own initiative;
* Strong communicator;
* Excellent team working skills, and able to build relationships at all levels;
* Ability to work well under pressure and to tight timescales;
* Very strong customer focus;
* Excellent typing speed and IT Skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint);
* Experience of document control gained within the construction sector;
* Experience of co-ordinating the work of others.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.