4 months ago
Founded in 1970, RPS is a leading global professional services firm of 5,600 consultants and service providers. Located in 125 countries across all six continents we define, design and manage projects that create shared value to a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
We work across six sectors: property, energy, transport, water, resources, defence and government services. Our services span twelve clusters: project and programme; management; design and development; water services; environment; advisory and management consulting; exploration and development; planning and approvals; health, safety and risk; oceans and coastal; laboratories; training and communication and creative services.
We stand out for our clients by using deep expertise to solve problems that matter, making them easy to understand and by being easy to work with.
Position: Disconnection Engineer (x2 positions)
Location: Across the Yorkshire Region
Working Hours: Part-time; two days per week (Monday & Wednesday)
The role involves carrying out disconnections for a water retailer in the Yorkshire Water Region. The successful applicants will also be required to be available for call-out work over the following two days to carry out re-connections as required. RPS will be accompanied by a representative of the retailer who will carry out the consultation with the customer prior to the disconnection.
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate experience in:
• Customer care and customer contact, being able to deal with customers under difficult circumstances
• Understanding plans & schematics, showing specific knowledge in identifying individual supplies
• Pipe Tracing abilities, being able to confirm the correct individual supplies on site
• Understand individual supply “set up” on location and identify if anyone else could be affected by the disconnection, prove sole supply
• Asset maintenance, being able to disable external stop taps, install “no flow” plugs, remove meters and lock off supplies
• Good understanding of checks that would be required before attempting to re-connect supplies
• Good understanding of Leakage control
• Good understanding of Health and Safety matters
Applicants should ideally have NRSWA and NWH will be provided at induction. A full driving licence is essential for this role.
To apply, simply send a CV and covering letter via the Apply button above