10 months ago
Director of Hardware Design and Verification
Job no: 496340
Work type: Experienced
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Audio, Communications, Customer Facing, Electronic design, Processors, System on Chip and System Design
In this management and design-leading role, you will be in charge of a multi-site team of engineers responsible for the design and development of the hardware, for our communication processor cores.
Our Ensigma communication processors target a multitude of electronic device markets including; digital radios, wireless speakers, televisions, set-top boxes, tablets, phones, portable computing devices and more. You will lead the team in widening the range of standards supported by our processors for these and expanded markets, in order to increase market share.
Covering specification and implementation through to verification and delivery, you will successfully manage this team in meeting its objectives and deliverables mapped out by yourself and the other members of the senior management team.
* Manage, organise, drive and develop the hardware engineering team
* Provide technical leadership to the hardware engineering team
* Liaise with other company-wide software and hardware engineering teams
* Work with other members of the senior management team to define and create specifications for Ensigma’s products
* Plan and execute hardware developments in line with the division's roadmap
* Participate in technical discussions with customers
Abilities make possibilities
You are a goal-driven leader, who can autonomously drive the completion of projects on schedule whilst meeting quality requirements. As a solid communicator, you know how to partner and influence stakeholders, as well as encourage and motivate your team. You passionately strive for excellence and achieve high-quality results by paying attention to the details.
* Managed an engineering team and associated resources effectively, across multiple sites
* Delivered high-quality processor designs on time and against specifications
* Digital ASIC design with VHDL or Verilog knowledge
* CAD tool experience for synthesis and verification
You might have knowledge of
* Communication systems and processing techniques
* CPU/DSP architectures
* System on Chip development
* High speed, low power design
* FPGA and emulator development
* C and C++ programming
* Scripting languages e.g. Python, Perl, TCL, UNIX
* Customer facing and communication skills
We live technology
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smartphones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products. Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need, you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Closing Date - 4th October 2017
Competitive Salary Rates
Advertised: 16 Mar 2018 GMT Standard Time