11 months ago
The Major Projects Advisory practice is a global practice within KPMG, with practices in the UK, USA, Australia, South Africa, India and the Middle East. The UK practice is well-established with a team of circa 50 people who work occasionally on overseas assignments.
The UK MPA Team sit across three locations - London, Manchester and Birmingham. For this role you will be working from our London office in Canary Wharf but will need to frequently travel to client locations throughout the UK and occasionally overseas.
Our focus is on major infrastructure projects for public and private sector clients in particular in the following sectors:
- Natural resources
- Power and utilities
- Oil, gas and process engineering
Role and Responsibilities
The role is for a forensic accountant who, ideally, is also either a Quantity Surveyor or an Engineer and who must have a good level of experience and understanding of the commercial management of major construction / infrastructure projects as well as experience of having practised as a forensic accountant in a Big 4 accountancy firm or similar.
You must be able to take responsibility for identifying, pursuing and converting opportunities, leading and delivery of assignments for clients.
You will be agreeing appropriate scopes of work, commercial arrangements, and ensuring the appropriate high quality of our deliverables which will include effective oversight of team members, the execution of assignments and review of work products.
You will be working with colleagues to provide advice to or conduct project reviews for clients who may be project owners or contractors.
Reviews may be focused around identifying whether projects are likely to be delivered to schedule and budget or to establish causative reasons for poorer than expected project performance or advisory assignments around leveraging good practice.
Assignments will also involve the review of processes and controls and advising on specific aspects of commercial management of contracts.
Qualifications & Skills
- An accountancy qualification coupled with forensic accounting experience
- A deep understanding of the issues that impact project performance
- Ability to quickly assess new situations and data to provide a basis for developing an understanding of the causative issues.
- Ability to set out a clear approach to taking on a new project issue in the most efficient manner
- Effective stakeholder management skills and demonstrable people leadership qualities
- An analytical approach to problem solving
- Capable of articulating effective solutions to project issues based on own knowledge and experience.
- Clear, concise, fact-based report writing and strong presenting skills
- Understanding of standard industry contractual forms
- Preferably achieved RICS professional qualification or similar engineering qualification;
- Competent in producing and assessing project commercial reports
Experience and Background
- Project management
- Earned value management
- Risk management
- Programme management
- Claims, disputes, dispute avoidance
Manager, Risk Management, Accounting, Claims, Forensic Accounting, Management, Finance, Insurance