8 months ago
BHGE is transforming its Product Configuration processes and digital technologies, to speed up response to customer inquiry, standardise product offerings, reduce costs & delivery lead times, and increase quality. This role will lead the design, development & deployment of Digital Configuration Management (DCM) Technologies across BHGE; & provide thought leadership, expertise in functional & solution architecture, software configuration & development across multiple DCM implementation projects.
* Develop & own the global strategy & implementation roadmap for DCM technologies, working in collaboration with Product Management, Digital Engineering, and associated Digital Technology leaders.
* Drive the execution of the roadmap with the help of Digital Technology Project Management staff agreeing on the project delivery process (waterfall/Agile).
* Work with the Operational Support Leader to ensure appropriate post go-live and on-going Operational Support (L2/L3/System Admin).
* Define & own all components of the technological solution (solution specifications), covering functional design, technical architecture (data model), software configuration & code, and associated IT infrastructure.
* Gain deep understanding of business processes across ITO (Inquiry to Order) and OTR (Order to Requisition) globally across BHGE to design and develop a robust solution/system technology framework to meet business, functional & user requirements.
* Lead, direct & mentor the Digital Technology team/resources engaged in understanding the business requirements, developing & delivering IT system solutions, promoting conformance to established system & solution architecture standards and best practices.
* Work as a Digital Technology business partner & change agent with Product Management & Business Process Leaders as well as application End Users.
* Work in collaboration with PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) Architects to evaluate & improve business processes and arrive at mutual, cost effective solutions.
* Deliver improvements and root-cause analysis for DCM related complex business problems and issues and work closely with delivery project managers ensuring on-time execution of all deliverables.
* Participate in business process evaluation / improvement activities, requirements gathering, system analysis, system design, software / hardware applicability studies and system implementation, and execute projects based on these activities.
* Support the Digital Technology Project Managers in the planning and effective application of technical elements of change, and risk management principles where required.
* Understand and take into consideration, risks, costs, benefits and possibilities offered by customization vs. configuration.
* Work with peers and other technology owners to create designs, application architecture & coding standards that are reusable, efficient, scalable, and meet the needs of the business.
* Ensure that specific IT implementation standards are incorporated in to the implementation activity from the start of the project, including standard means of documentation, use of applications, middleware and other system standards.
* Coordinate the consulting team's engagement and deliverables; drive outsourced supplier efforts as required; & manage contractors, estimate efforts, and schedules.
* Identify, scope, and lead business/site readiness projects to prepare for DCM rollout
* Co-ordinate and oversee user acceptance testing based on the functional and non-functional specifications.
* Generate documentation on technical best practices and other technical assets for reuse.
* Generate, or provide input into the creation of, technical and functional specifications and software development methodology, and align these with the Delivery Methodology templates.
* Provide accurate and timely information to management team as required
* Maintain effective working relationships with peers and vendors to seamlessly integrate the program area into the overall strategic objectives and activities of the organization.
* Lead in the evaluation / benchmarking of third party software solutions.
* Keep the key stakeholders of the implementation, in BHGE, fully informed of key issues on a regular basis
* Ensure the IT governance process is followed and coordinate all deliverables with appropriate shared service teams.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), or Computer Science from an accredited college or university
* Extensive experience working on enterprise level DCM implementations (design, develop & deploy).
* Must have done large end to end implementations of DCM technologies using the Siemens PLM toolset i.e., Teamcenter Product Configurator (Variants & Options) and Rulestream, and can bring best practices to the table.
* Hands on experience of architecting and developing Rulestream applications, integrating them with Teamcenter and other Enterprise Applications such as ERP & CRM. Product knowledge across modules and Teamcenter/Rulestream roadmap.
* Exposure to customization and configuration experience in Teamcenter.
* Strong understanding of the interface between Sales and Production, the decision-making parameters that govern Engineer-to-order (ETO), Configure-to-Order (CTO), Assemble-to-order (ATO), Make-to-order (MTO) and Make-to-stock (MTS) strategies.
* Strong experience/knowledge of Inquiry to Order (ITO) & Order-to-Requisition (OTR) processes. Experience of working in Engineering and/or Manufacturing functions using PLM/DCM systems (ideally Teamcenter/Rulestream Solution) covering Product Structuring & Configuration; Bills of Material creation, Part Classification, Design process & CAD integration, engineering change management, requirements management / systems engineering, and new product introduction.
* Solid experience in ‘brown field’ DCM implementations involving complex / significant data migration and cutover activities.
* Knowledge of current information technologies related to Teamcenter, Rulestream, Java, Web, and Unix Server environments
* Working knowledge of application servers, J2EE, Oracle, Unix O/S, Linux, Siteminder, LDAP, SOA, messaging, and physical architectures.
* Knowledge of Teamcenter BMIDE.
* Ability to quickly configure and conduct business demos and define requirements and data model.
* Knowledge of SDLC processes, estimation and risk identification & mitigation.
* Experience of working in projects following an Agile/SCRUM implementation approach.
* Good English communication skills (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Strong interpersonal, people & technical leadership skills. Proven abilities to communicate complex topics to leaders and peers in a simple, clear, plan oriented manner.
* Established analytical and problem resolution skills, and can deal with ambiguity
* Ability to lead teams and work in cross functional team environment. Demonstrated work in Matrix Organizations.
* Proactive responsible individual, with the ability to set own action plans
* Must possess strong proficiency in MS-Office tools.
* Be willing to travel globally.
* Working knowledge of one or more of the following programming languages: Java, VB, ITK, PLMXML, XML, XSTL, C, C++, would be an advantage.
* Knowledge of Lean product development, Six Sigma and certification in CMII are desired
* Visible energy in proposing and drive changes at different level of the organization;
* Ability to anticipate customer needs and ensure that they are transferred in robust improvement and simplification programs.
Baker Hughes, a GE Company is the world’s first fullstream company that brings together integrated services, equipment and digital solutions that enhance productivity, minimize risks and lower costs across the entire spectrum of oil and gas development.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With ~70,000 employees in more than 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a start-up – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
Locations: United Kingdom, United States; Texas; Bristol, Houston