6 months ago
Director Capital Projects Delivery
Requisition ID :2019-41620
Work Location :GB-Various
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Civil
Additional Work Location : GB-London
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Additional Work Locations
GB-London | GB-Berkshire-Reading
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Director to support Wood in winning and delivering capital projects in its Environment and Infrastructure team. Wood’s strategy for the UK includes pushing harder into the broad infrastructure market, building on our core positions work in consenting and early design. The role will have initial focus on our work at Heathrow Airport where the expansion programme is due to commence construction in 2022. The role would ideally be based in either our Reading or London offices.
Your role will be key in bringing together services from across Wood, whether in major capital projects or specialist technical services to guide and delivery services in in project delivery. You will support the development of existing and new services within the business and provide a key point of contact into customers.
We are looking for individuals that have a strong base in capital project delivery, with a core base of engineering technical skills. This is a challenging position that requires vision, market understanding, excellent organisational and communication skills gained in either a multi-disciplinary or engineering consultancy environment.
This position will provide an excellent opportunity to work on some of the largest and most complex infrastructure projects in Europe and potentially the Middle East and will allow you to grow a team to deliver this work as well as a wider portfolio of projects across a diverse range of sectors.
* Grow, develop and lead the Wood positioning in support of the Heathrow Expansion Programme
* Provide leadership and technical assurance
* Develop capabilities and experience of team in order to sell services to other UK/international infrastructure projects
* Work collaboratively with other parts of Wood in support of our UK infrastructure strategy
* Seek opportunities to deliver engineering services/projects to other sectors
Skills / Qualifications
* Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering
* Chartered Engineer
* Member of a relevant professional body such as ICE, ICHEME
* Has worked extensively within a multi-disciplinary or engineering consultancy
* Has experience of working on major infrastructure projects
* Substantial consultancy experience
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrable technical review/assurance skills
* Knowledge of the CDM Regulations and Principal Designer role
* Experience of Project Design Management
* Has worked for one of Wood's direct competitors
* Has multi-sector and international experience
* Has experience of working in the aviation sector
* Has experience of working within a design and build environment, as either contractor or consultant
* Working in an NEC Contract environment
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.