3 months ago
IBM’s Global Business Services (GBS) is the world's largest consulting services organization. GBS provides clients with business transformation and industry expertise, and the ability to translate that expertise into integrated, responsive, innovative business solutions. GBS provides consulting services across multiple industries and covers the whole process chain from strategy consulting through to the construction, implementation and operation of technical and commercial solutions.
* IBM iX is helping clients to digitally reinvent themselves by demonstrating advancements in Web and mobile capabilities and exploiting the disruptions that new technologies such as augmented and virtual reality, cognitive computing, wearables and Internet of Things, can bring to those who touch this technology. This is a different IBM, we are helping our clients drive digital transformation at a rapid pace.
* We will provide you with experiences that are hard to find elsewhere. We have clients that really want to change the world, deep technical experts who can help you expand your mind, amazing design, accessibility and usability experts and strong and personal partnerships with companies like: Apple, Facebook and Twitter.
* All of this provides you with an amazing opportunity to be at the edge of digital reinvention and the skills needed to do that to really accelerate your career. Coupled with one of the best personal development programmes and a comprehensive package we hope will make for a compelling reason to join our team.
Your responsibilities and role in the team:
* As a Digital Technology Lead/Architect, you will be responsible for leading Agile, cross-functional teams in the design, development and delivery of cutting-edge digital solutions that transform the overall experience for end users. You should have a strong professional technical background and inter-personal skills, a willingness to wear several hats, are you prepared to get hands-on with code when required? Do you have a sustainable drive to bring constant improvement to the delivery of high-quality, integrated digital solutions for clients across multiple industries?
* Day-to-day responsibilities include defining modern web and mobile application architectures and end-to-end digital solutions; setting technical direction, engineering standards and leading technical delivery within Agile development teams across the full development lifecycle. You will also ensure that digital experiences are delivered to the highest standards, by establishing and implementing appropriate QA and DevOps practices. You will be seen as a trusted technical advisor on projects and across client accounts, both in the delivery of work and also as part of inspiring clients and our technology team. You will work closely with client stakeholders in various levels and roles and have the chance to contribute to transformation roadmaps that may start with a Minimal Viable Product and expand into a full-scale capability, being responsible for the technical solutions and engineering practices that underpin these.
* Alongside project and client responsibilities, you will also have the opportunity to contribute to efforts in new business activities, working with internal solutioning teams to ensure high quality solution proposals are produced and performing technical reviews and solution assessments for peers and other projects. You will be expected to collaborate with the other technical leaders within iX and our wider ecosystem to learn new technologies, approaches and solutions that can be applied to client projects. As an experienced technical leader, you will play a key part in the development and growth of the iX Engineering team. As such, you should be willing to mentor and manage the professional development of developers within the team and will also be expected to assist with recruitment activities and strategy.
* We also encourage our Technical leads to continuously review and contribute to iX engineering standards and technology strategy by creating technical prototypes, assets and documenting reusable best practice that can streamline our solutions and technical delivery or expand our offering to clients.
This role is suitable for all working patterns, whether this be part-time or full-time. IBM does not have a single policy on part-time and flexible working, however where possible, we will work with you to agree on a working schedule to suit you and IBM. In your application, please outline your desired working pattern including working days/working time/working locations and any other important information. This will then be discussed with you throughout the application process.