6 months ago
Digital Solutions Expert
UK or The Netherlands
Job Reference - MA045
We’ve been around for more than 135 years. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. Our networked organisation of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in the world. Together we have an ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners. We are commercial savvy engineers, project managers and consultants who design smart cities, airports, ports, buildings and more.We reinvent industries; co-create clean energy and fresh water by using smart data and digitizing information flows and models. More and more, we connect the digital with the real world in an accelerating pace. Working together with our clients and partners, we use data and algorithms to translate insights into foresights. We help our clients in their digital transformation and we support our clients’ business with better and faster execution of their ambitions.
Let’s enhance society together!
Maritime & Aviation Digital Solutions Expert
Our Maritime and Aviation (M&A) Business Line is aspiring to deliver Smart Ports to our clients through digital transformation and innovation. We are seeking a Digital Solutions Expert to work with our maritime sector experts blending our knowledge of our client’s businesses with the opportunities offered by technology.
The Digital Solutions Expert will understand the full extent of digital solution and integration components and how they can be applied within a port environment. You will collaborate effectively with colleagues from other disciplines to define technology objectives, assess solution options and devise solutions that achieve both strategic business goals and meet operational requirements.
Location: UK or Netherlands
1. Working with M&A Business Developers, Account Managers and senior staff identify how digital technology could provide solutions to our maritime clients’ business needs with respect to Smart Asset Management and Smart Port Operations.
1. Identify the technologies and tools that have an immediate application and lead their timely development and implementation in the M&A business
2. Create and implement an action plan for development of our maritime digital capability needed for the medium-term including whether in-house or with partners.
3. Lead technology sourcing and selection activities for maritime digital tools, working with third-party vendors and partners to identify the solution options for the delivery of maritime digital solutions.
2. Advise on business opportunities for Royal HaskoningDHV associated with the acquisition, interrogation and sale of data associated with all aspects of port operations. Play a leading role in the development of the business opportunity.
3. Advise how the company can add value to technology providers and recommend potential collaboration options. Prepare and implement an action plan.
1. Play a leading role in the development and implementation of a programme for continual development of digital technology tools and services, collaborating with partners and ensuring that we remain on top of emerging technology and its potential applications.
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate will:
* Be an experienced solution developer, able to help our maritime clients assess and understand the business opportunities offered by digital tools.
* Have a proven track record in working with the technology leaders of global brands, and their teams, to identify, create and implement technology solutions in support of digital transformation initiatives.
* Bring to bear extensive knowledge of architectural patterns, technology components, vendor solutions and emerging technology trends on digital solution development in one or more industries ideally including the maritime sector.
* Be a confident written and verbal communicator, able to clearly explain digital ideas to non-technical audiences, and work effectively with non-technical colleagues and business executives;
* Have consulting experience, gained with a leading professional services or systems integration firm;
* Have expert knowledge and understanding of digital trends and challenges across industries, gained through project experience, publication of thought leadership, articles, client recommendation, etc.;
* Hold a demonstrable track record of shaping and leading successful business development of digital product development;
Desirable skills and experience
* Experience in one of the following areas (or similar):
* maintenance management
* materials technologist
* design of marine structures
* Understanding of the port and maritime sector and the technological challenges facing clients.
* Some knowledge of port logistics or business operations and the (potential) use of technology to drive efficiencies in port/shipping operations.
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits, including a flexible working policy, a contributory pension scheme, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance and 25 days holiday. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer