2 months ago
Digital Project Delivery Coordinator
Job number: UK16516
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, Yorkshire and Humber, Leeds
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Project Delivery Coordinator to join our Highways team to work in Leeds.
To support the Digital Information Manager in delivery of the Digital Execution /Implementation plan on the Balfour Beatty project/s. Following company/client/Government standards and procedures relating to Digital and integrating into information management within the Project to deliver a successful Digital project.
What you'll be doing
As a Digital Project Delivery Coordinator, your main responsibilities are as follows:
* Support the Digital Project Delivery Manager to produce the Project Information Management Plan and Digital Execution Plan and all documents to meet the Digital Client Requirements (EIR)
* Support Digital Team in the delivery of Graphical, Non Graphical and Documents as an Interface manager
* Support the DIGITAL team to educate people, implement process and use technology during construction phase; and developing the model into an as built model with data attached to it for the future operations and maintenance when the scheme is handed over to the maintainer
* Support with the educating the project team and Supply Chain members for the use and development of the Project Information Model Graphical and Non Graphical (3D Model)
* Support the Digital team to implement processes/culture/technology.
* Research , develop, implement, review new ways of working which will benefit the project by increasing efficiency, reducing cost, improve quality, sustainability and aiming for Zero Harm Collate data for senior management review
* Provide on-going internal training / technical orientation to new staff / external training
* Facilitate 3D coordination meetings with Internal and external project partners
* Demonstrate the Balfour Beatty Core behaviours
* Collaborate relentlessly
* Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
* Promote the Benefits of Digital Project Delivery in the processes of 4d,4d,5d,6d to others
* Facilitate the process of the Digital Coordination between project participants
Who we're looking for
The following qualities, experience and technical skills are essential:
* BSc, MSc, BEng, MEng, HND/HDC or qualified by experience with an understanding and proven delivery of infrastructure or Building managing multiple processes / schemes
* NVQ Level 5 or 2-5 years of project / Educational experience
* Can demonstrate Technical ability with the use of Digital Software applications and train others
* Mentors all variations of Digital Technicians and Digital Engineers
* An understanding of the latest industry guidelines for Digital project delivery such as BS and PAS
* Technician Membership achieved. Approaching next level of Professional Membership
* Good communication skills with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure
* Experience of working collaboratively in either a consultant or contractor environment
* Proficiency in IT and numeracy
* Ability to form effective relationships with the project team, supply chain partners and clients under time pressure
* Demonstrable track record of delivering a high quality product to tight deadlines
* Primary Software Skills in Model Authoring. Relative to Project Requirements
* Professional membership are an advantage but not essential
* Microsoft 2013 or Higher
* Can demonstrate strong technical ability with the use of Digital software applications
* Keen to learn develop and support members of the digital team
* Proactively working towards technical membership or professional qualification
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our Highways Business Unit maintain, manage and operate major highway networks across the UK and support local authorities creating communities where people want to live, work and play.
We provide high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers. We also provide specialist, reliable, sustainable and creative advice for asset management planning and implementation in the UK.
We create safe, flexible and dynamic public spaces. We are right at the heart of a vital place-shaping agenda that brings together local authorities, local communities, central government and the private sector.
The essential work is to keep daily life moving!
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.