4 months ago
Two of Europe’s most prominent and innovative engineering and construction companies – Laing O’Rourke and Murphy – have come together to form LM, a powerful joint venture, supporting the growing number of major transport infrastructure projects across the UK.
Both organisations are market leaders in high-speed rail delivery, tunnelling, bridge construction, civil engineering, offsite manufacturing and digital engineering.
LM, along with Fusion JV and CS JV, have been awarded the enabling works for High Speed Two. Delivering the essential early works will include archaeology, site clearance and setting up construction compounds – ahead of the start of the main civil engineering work.
The £900 million enabling works contracts cover the whole of Phase One, from London to Birmingham and the connection to the West Coast Main line at Handsacre in Staffordshire.
The Laing O'Rourke / Murphy joint venture team are working together to provide a professional and dynamic service. With a wealth of experience in planning, design and community engagement, we are utilising the latest construction methodology to deliver works, efficiently and safely.
Main purpose of role:
* Support LM to deliver structured information and graphical models to HS2 and other relevant stakeholders in accordance with the principles of the WI1800 – Employers Information Requirements.
* Provide guidance and support to design partners and the supply chain to ensure that 3D models produced as part of the design process will be suitable for use by LM for multiple purposes including issue resolution, quantification, programme sequence visualisation, offsite manufacturing and on site installation tracking.
* Upskilling the LM project team to utilise Digital Engineering tools, including 3D models and GIS and to go about their work more efficiently utilising different sources of data to enable better decisions to be made.
* Seek new innovations and new ways of working to help ensure the LM team and associated stakeholders are working more efficiently and with higher quality outputs than they were previously.
Key responsibilities and duties:
* Ensure that Digital Engineering objectives are included within work package briefs and that the delivery team are aware of what is required/expected.
* Ensure that Digital Engineering deliverables are made on time and to the correct standard for required work packages.
* Upskilling of designated LM project staff associated with their work packages to utilise Digital Engineering tools and materials as part of the way they go to work.
* Engagement with the LM supply chain to ensure they are aware of what is expected from them and putting into place agreed plans of action where gaps exist.
* Leading training sessions in software training for small to medium groups of people.
* Share best practice and new innovations with the LM Digital Engineering team and wider project team as appropriate.
* Be a clear and visible support for the wider LM team when they have day to day issues utilising Digital Engineering software.
* Uphold and act in accordance with LM values and principles
* Participate in and positively promote the LM ‘Making the Right Choice’ programme
* Ensure compliance with JV policies and procedures
* Attend and engage with JV-wide collaboration / learning and development related activities
* Constantly work to enable the broader team to deliver against EWC North goals
As part of our Equality Diversity and Inclusion policy, we are committed to supporting any adjustments that you may require in both your application and any potential interviews.
As part of our support to you please let us know if you require any adjustments that need to be made by LM to help you. If you have a disability that you would like to bring to our attention in advance of this application
LM are committed to providing candidates with the widest possible support to actively improve accessibility and usability of our recruitment process. In order to achieve this we ask that you complete a short anonymous survey which will be used to inform the way in which we recruit so that we can have an effective recruitment process that supports all potential candidates.
This will not affect your application and the data is not shared with any third parties and is only used to ensure we are an accessible employer.