4 months ago
Requisition ID: 185527
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Purpose and Objectives
The Multi Cloud DevOps team sits at the tip of the spear within SAP’s global public cloud transition. As a Multi Cloud DevSecOps Engineer, you will be at the heart of the security engineering process building software and processes that empowers SAP to develop and deliver highly secured products. Working with our lines of business, you will help build and run our next-generation multi cloud technologies at global scale. If you are an experienced DevSecOps Engineer with a passion for delivering innovative services and value-creation, a career at SAP Labs may be right for you!
Expectations and tasks
The Multi Cloud DevSecOps Engineer EMEA works closely with security and compliance Architects to deliver products from conception to launch. You'll work across shared service departments, lines of businesses and global teams to deliver high quality agile solutions and ensure business goals are met. The role will help bridge the engineering and operations for Multi Cloud security, by breaking down complex problems into tactical actions to drive secure innovations. This role requires extensive cross-group coordination across levels, excellent communication skills, complex horizontal cloud security understanding and comprehensive business review materials that span across various functions. This role is based in Belfast, Ireland,
You will be responsible for developing solutions, implementing requirements, creating key processes, procedures, defining structure and communications that facilitate product planning and execution. You're equally at home explaining technical recommendations to colleagues as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product operations with engineers. You are highly resourceful, analytical, have a combination of focus, flexibility, self-motivation, integrity, willingness to put the team and company’s interest above all else
* BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
* Engineered or Operated Enterprise Scale Multi Cloud DevNetOps Model
* Advanced scripting skills in Python, Perl, Bash, Shell or another common language
* Experience with TCP/IP and network programming, can deploy VPCs & Security Groups to public clouds
* Large systems software design and development experience, with experience in Unix/Linux
* Understanding of virtualization and global infrastructure, load balancing, networking, security and operations
* Team-first outlook including building great working relationships with peers across functions
* Experience in designing and implementing scalable secure cloud-based solutions
* Solid understanding of public clouds (i.e. GCP, AWS, AZ) with a focus on GCP
* Engineered or Operated one Enterprise Cloud Security Tool (Evident.io, Skyhigh, Netskope, CipherCloud)
* Solid understanding of CASB solutions with focus on regulatory and stored cloud security procedures
* Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux environments.
* Experience with networking technologies/concepts such as Software Defined Networking (SDN).
* Familiarity with open source cloud and application platforms
* Solid understanding of public clouds (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure)
* Experience with good understanding of SAP Enterprise business practices
* Cloud Management, Cloud Analytics Experience, CICDCO stacks
* Combination Experience with Git, Jenkins, Confluence, JIRA, RightScale, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Puppet, Packer, Knife, Splunk, VictorOps, Pingdom, New Relic, Evedent.io, Turbonomic and Spinnaker
* 3+ Years’ Enterprise DevSecOps at scale, focus on Engineering Self-Service efforts
* 3+ Years’ with using CI/CD to deliver security solutions at planet scale
* 3+ Years’ with at least three of following stacks GCP, AWS, AZ, OpenStack, SoftLayer, AliCloud
* 3+ Years’ successful influence of others to improve security engineering and operational processes
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
ERP, Engineer, Computer Science, SAP, Cloud, Technology, Engineering