about 1 year ago
The focus of your role
At Capgemini Financial Services we are looking to hire a number of DevOps Engineers to join the Financial Services team
You'll be onsite with various financial services clients. You'll be working closely with Capgemini colleagues and clients typically within or associated with a consulting or delivery engagement.
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini’s financial services specialists provide a complete range of services to help our clients achieve sustainable business results. Our Financial Services Strategic Business Unit is a global organization which focuses on key financial services domains: Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance, Payments & Cards, Wealth and Asset Management, and Risk Management & Compliance.
What you’ll bring
* Strong experience as a DevOps/SCM engineer, or in a position with similar skill sets and responsibilities.
* Experience building and managing Docker containers preferred
* Experience using Jenkins & Git preferred
* Experience using a scripting language such as Python, Shell Script or Perl.
* Experience in administering application servers and web servers (Nginx, Apache HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat)
* Proficiency with Linux. Red Hat Enterprise Edition preferred.
* Relational database experience. Preferably Oracle with a working knowledge of PL/SQL.
* Familiarity with network protocols – TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
* Strong knowledge of n-tier web applications.
* Knowledge of Desired State Configuration technologies such Puppet, Chef, Docker Compose or Ansible.
* Capability to support a software development teams’ timelines and targets.
* Capability and desire to be a strong team player.
* Experience working with Agile Scrum teams, including those distributed geographically
* Familiarity with change management systems and processes
* Familiarity with principles of continuous integration and the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
* Strong knowledge with Continuous Delivery Concepts.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
What you’ll do
* Contribute in building enterprise software delivery patterns using build and release tools.
* Contribute on new and existing software build and delivery process.
* Develop, maintain and support high-quality in-house software build systems for Enterprise class software
* Automate scripts to deploy software in an automated process.
* Apply established design, best practices, tools, and configuration management principles as defined by the architect and the team
* Creation of configuration for internal customers responsible for scheduling and or deployment to Quality Assurance and development Integration environments
* Creation of configuration items for non-production environments to support Software Development Life Cycle for internal customers
* Contribute in implementing source code control management best practices
* Develop and maintain our internal release management process
* Creation and maintenance of an automated build/release scripts and plans
* Communicate effectively with members of software development and other project related groups to ensure processes and project objectives are met
* Contribute and review ongoing improvements of the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for Software Configuration Management
* Responsible for scheduling and deploying to QA, Staging and Production environments
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
October 15, 2019
Permanent Full Time