9 months ago
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
In this role you will be based from our Cardiff office and work on projects with our business and supporting functions. You will architect and build cloud-based solutions using a wide range of technologies and the full range of AWS services, working alongside people with a diverse range of skillsets
Deloitte IT Services is looking for Cloud/DevOps engineers who are passionate about building applications at scale in cloud platforms such as AWS. You will have a background in the design, automation, deployment and operation of cloud infrastructure and applications
37.5 hours, Full Time Monday – Friday
Your role will have multiple responsibilities depending on the project type. In one project you might build an application optimised for the cloud, using automation to test and deploy the application into production. In another project you might convert manual runbook or provisioning processes and automate them using tools such as Ansible or Terraform. From an operations perspective, you will be required to set up monitoring and alerting for AWS workloads and to participate in a 24x7 on-call schedule.
* Develop cloud architecture and solutions optimised for AWS to meet project requirements
* Develop scripts to automate the deployment of AWS architecture and solutions
* Monitor and maintain multiple AWS solutions to meet project requirements
* Setup and manage backups, patching and AV/malware software across the environments
* Capture and share best-practice knowledge within Deloitte cloud teams
* Identify new tools and process to improve the cloud platform and automate processes
* Ability to build enterprise applications and solutions using AWS, Azure or Google
* Experience of automation and provisioning approaches, using tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Bash, PowerShell, etc
* In depth knowledge of configuring and managing Linux and Windows environments
* Knowledge of agile software development tools and methodologies (Continuous integration, git, Jenkins, etc.)
* Ability to adapt to new technologies, learn quickly and pass on this knowledge to other team members
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Strong communicator and decision maker
* participate in 24x7 on-call rota
* Occasional travel to other Deloitte sites
* Be willing to submit to BPSS and Security Clearance (SC) vetting processes
Experience in the following is desirable:
* AWS Solution Architect certification
* Scripting or programming experience (Python, Go, Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
* Experience of microservices and container-based systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
* Linux and/or Windows sysadmin certification (eg RHCE)
* Experience of agile project management approaches and tools (eg Atlassian Jira/Confluence)
* ITIL experience
You are here: Internal Client Services
Internal Client Services (ICS) contributes to the success of Deloitte through six departments: Clients & Markets, Finance & Legal, Human Resources, IT Services, Property & Corporate Services and the Shared Services Organisation. There is no such thing as a ‘typical’ ICS person or job. The work we do is as varied as our people are diverse: administrators, artwork designers, accountants, advisors, audio-visual technicians, business analysts, building surveyors, bilingual secretaries. ICS teams are based across the UK, Switzerland and India, all sharing a common goal of providing outstanding support to Deloitte and its people.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
You will architect and build cloud-based solutions using a wide range of technologies and the full range of AWS services, working alongside people with a diverse range of skillsets
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Visit our website to hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 150665