5 months ago
DevOps Engineer - Autonomous Database Cloud Service-18001GT2
The Autonomous Database Team is responsible for building the cloud service framework powering various Oracle Autonomous Database cloud services, including Autonomous Data Warehouse (ADW) and Autonomous Transaction Processing (ATP). The framework automates deployment, scaling and management of databases in the cloud. It is built on top of Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Layer.
The autonomous database cloud service framework features APIs to handle all lifecycle management operations of databases. It also performs operations autonomously based on internal and external events. The team has the unique opportunity to make significant contributions to the full stack of Oracle technology, from database kernel to cloud service platform and to customer-facing portals.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for defining and deploying autonomous database services with deep focus on architecture, production operations, capacity planning, performance management, deployment, and release engineering. You will work with multiple cross-functional teams helping deliver new and outstanding experiences to our stakeholders while ensuring reliability and performance.
We are a dynamic and enthusiastic team with great emphasis on go-getters and proactive individuals.
Overview from oracle.com with links to other collateral:
In this role you will need to:
* Take ownership of the implementation and production operations of a wide array of core system platform solutions
* React to production deficiencies by continuously implementing automation, self-healing, and real-time monitoring to production systems
* Be a strong contributor to development of platform services including architecture, provisioning, configuration, deployment, and support
* Partner with the distributed team in prototyping new database platform services
* Stay informed of cloud infrastructure stacks
* Degree level (BS/MS/PhD): BS/MS
* Expert level experience, understanding, implementation and troubleshooting of Oracle Database technology including RAC, Dataguard, ASM, RMAN etc
* Development skills utilising Python, shell, SQL, Java
* Expert knowledge and in-depth experience of Oracle Engineered systems and subsystems, especially Exadata
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex hardware/software issues, restore environments to an operational state, perform root cause analysis and provide forward thinking mitigation strategies
* Demonstrated operations experience with Linux platform (i.e. RHEL, OEL) including administration, management, and troubleshooting
* Strong communication and analytical skills
* Familiarity with security practices in web application delivery and general knowledge of network topology
* Experience with configuration management toolsDetailed Description and Job Requirements
Work with a world class team to provide enterprise-wide, Oracle Database Administration support for production systems and provide DBA services to application development teams, including database design, database generation, coding, and database production support. Provide DBA support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness. Provide accurate and creative solutions to user problems of moderate nature to ensure user productivity.
As a Senior Database Administrator, you are instrumental in researching, evaluating, designing, testing, recommending, and planning implementation of new versions of Oracle database and database tools. May act as a team lead during database implementations and for system operation and maintenance.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years of experience supporting relational databases as a DBA, with multiple distributed relational DBSM*s or a depth and focus in Oracle and related tools. Success at using the DBMS to optimize performance of large databases for enterprise use is greatly preferred. Experience with an organization with a key 24 X 7 reliance on its database is desirable. BS or equivalent desired.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job: Information Technology
Location: GB-GB, UK-Reading
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire