about 1 month ago
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This role is unique within our teams as we have traditionally been a department focused primarily on integrating physical components with very little focus on software development. As our industry has shifted into new ways of working, we need to move forward quickly into a software-centric approach. This role will manage the relationships with key stakeholders and ensure key objectives are being met across a new deployment pipeline.
What you’ll do:
– Work with the content architects and management teams to define an approach for an automated pipeline across Sky’s regions.
– Lead a small team of developers to design and implement a cloud agnostic automation pipeline for use by Sky’s Production, Broadcast and Platform technology teams across all future cloud project deliveries
– Work alongside existing teams to ensure all aspects of the pipeline are well documented to allow external teams to utilise the pipeline for their own development
– Daily stand-up reporting to the team managers on progress across Jira/MS Planner or similar planning tools
– Own and manage relationships with existing development teams across the UK, Italy and Germany to align deployment objectives and selected pipeline tools
– Maintain an organised code repository, ensuring branch-based development across development, non-production, and production environments
What you’ll bring:
– Requires experience of CI/CD and related tools and practices.
– Experience of architecting solutions in AWS.
– Experience of working with hybrid architecture between on-premises and cloud.
– Some experience with web frameworks such as Flask, React.JS for front-end development
– Deep knowledge of cloud agnostic automated deployment using CI/CD practices
Content, Tech & Innovation: We use the latest tech to create and distribute the best entertainment. In other words, we connect our customers to more of what they love all day, every day. You’ll be joining a proactive, forward-thinking, and collaborative team setting the standard for excellent innovation.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our London, UK campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from London, UK, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Role can be worked from other Sky UK offices
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.