about 1 month ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative person to join our Cambridge-based software development teams.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with a keen interest in Dev Ops, software quality and testing, who wants to influence the future of Arm IP and the Arm eco-system!
We work closely with our partners, who rely on our tools to support their future success across many markets, including servers, networking, storage, automotive, embedded, and medical.
You can expect support throughout your time at Arm.
This position is situated in our Cambridge head office which hosts diverse teams from across Arm including development tools, compilers, debuggers, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located on the edge of Cambridge in a campus environment, while allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a lively nightlife in the city centre.
You may be expected to occasionally travel to other Arm offices, events and meet with our customers and partners.
We can also hire this position in Manchester/Glasgow/Sheffield/Warwick.
What will I be doing?
As part of your daily duties you will be supporting the software development teams CI/CD and automation:
* Provisioning Cloud Infrastructure.
* Learning about Site Reliability Engineering (SRE).
* Use of Docker and Kubernetes.
* Building and supporting Continuous Integration pipelines.
* Embedded within our Agile team you will contribute to requirement capture and design reviews to ensure quality is built into the product.
* Developing automated tests and test infrastructure.
Are you a good fit for Arm?
* A basic understanding of software engineering, Cloud, CI and Testing.
* You are comfortable using Linux command line.
* You can use version control such as Git.
* Experience of using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins.
* You can write basic scripts in at least one programming language such as Bash, Python, Java, or Go.
* University degree ideally computer science or a related STEM background. Other graduates will be considered if you have suitable experience and interest in the role.
* A passion to improve the efficiency and quality of Arm software.
Desirable but not essential skills:
The following is a selection of skills used across our projects. You do not need any of these to apply or succeed in your application - you shall have the opportunity to develop your skills in these areas
* Experience of build automation tooling.
* Familiar with Linux and Windows development and administration environments
* Experience of cloud computing services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
* Experience of defining infrastructure as code
* Experience of writing tests using industry standard testing frameworks such as JUnit, Robot Framework, Squish or Selenium.
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
* Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances.
* Take risks in support of Arm's progress.
* Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure.
* Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
* Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
* Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
* Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
* Care about the people around you.
Be your Brilliant Self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
* Be authentic.
* Seek and embrace differences.
* Encourage curiosity and challenge.
* Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps