5 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Engineering Telco Cloud Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Plus, access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
– Be responsible for the Engineering of Lab and Production Telco Cloud environments, including patches, upgrades, and reliability and performance improvements.
– Be part of an on-call rota that provides escalation support for Production Incidents.
– Use your Python scripting knowledge to automate manual and repetitive tasks.
– Develop tools to perform Functional & Non-Functional testing of the Cloud Platform.
– Collaborate with software development & SRE teams during application on-boarding and when troubleshooting performance and infrastructure issues.
– Use, adapt and improve modern FM/PM tools (e.g. Zabbix, Vitrage) to monitor and track faults and performance over time.
– Have excellent problem-solving skills and be able to communicate technical feedback to other members of your team, application owners, and developers.
– Solid understanding of IP Datacentre network.
– Strong experience Cisco, Nokia network equipment and F5 load balancers (LTM/GTM).
– Strong hands-on experience and troubleshooting, routing and switching skills on ipv4/v6, MPLS, BGP, QOS, Cisco IOS-XR, Nokia TMOS and F5.
– Understanding of ISP technologies like DNS, Radius etc and voice core technologies like SBC, IMS etc.
– CCNP or equivalent & Certified
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about