4 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Engineering Telco Cloud team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be involved in the Engineering of multiple Telco Cloud platforms running critical Sky systems. You will be part of a team who are focused on improving automation, reliability, and performance at every level, from the virtualised infrastructure and SDN, to VNF management and Orchestration.
– Be responsible for the Engineering of Lab and Production Telco Cloud environments, including patches & upgrades
– Be part of an on-call rota that provides escalation support for Production Incidents.
– Use your Python scripting knowledge to automate manual and repetitive tasks.
– Collaborate with software development & SRE teams during application on-boarding and when troubleshooting performance and infrastructure issues.
– Use and adapt modern FM/PM tools (e.g. Zabbix, Vitrage) to monitor and track faults and performance over time.
– Have excellent problem-solving skills and be able to communicate technical feedback to other members of your team, application owners, and developers.
– Hands on experience configuring & managing Openstack.
– Ability to automate the configuration and management of large-scale platforms: Linux, Ansible, Python, Git.
– Understanding of Software Defined Networks & Basic IP Network technologies.
– Understanding of modern monitoring and logging systems: Zabbix, Vitrage, ELK etc.
– Experience with testing methodology and hands on experience with tools for testing OpenStack.
– Experience with Nokia network equipment and F5 load balancers would be advantageous.
– CCNP or equivalent & Certified OpenStack Administrator
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about