8 months ago
* Employee status: Permanent
* Closing date: Ongoing
* Reference number: 43933
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Content Protection Platforms Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
As a DevOps engineer, you will provision, monitor and support VM infrastructure used by the department and own the CI pipeline used by the java development team, who are re-platforming a critical internal application.
- Support & develop CI and CD workflow
- Support & develop environment used by the dev team
- Support and diagnose with any issue of running the developed application across all environments
- Interface between the project team and the operational IT departments across Sky
- Administering & configuring Jenkins
- Creating Ansible playbooks to manage development, test and production environments
- Writing Perl scripts
- Working with Oracle (writing SQL scripts, managing users/schemas/tables)
- Linux sysadmin (preferably Redhat/Centos)
- Building Docker containers
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about