4 months ago
AutoReq ID 135934BR
Job Title DevOps Engineer
Country United Kingdom
Function Solutions & Digital
Service Line Lighthouse
Service Line Information
KPMG Overview KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
You will be working to continuously advance and standardise our clients infrastructure and deployments, whilst collaborating with colleagues to write infrastructure as code that scales and takes advantage of the technologies used.
- Help design and build monitoring systems, metrics, internal dashboards, and other tools that allow KPMG clients to become increasingly, scalable, and reliable infrastructure.
- Continue to cultivate a culture of collaboration, innovation and bringing industry standards to everything we do.
- You have a current understanding of public and private cloud services.
- Responsible for building highly scalable, secure, efficient, and resilient systems.
- Experience with AWS or Azure, Private), Windows, Linux, Security and Networking
- You crave automation and repeatability; why do the boring stuff when you can automate everything
- (using any of the following Python, Nodejs, C#, Cloudformation Templating, Ansible / Salt, Octopus, Team City / Jenkins)
- You've been in the trenches
- Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Scale, some of our clients are well known global brands, their infrastructure isn't small.
- A great team environment, inside and outside of the work place.
- Love of technology and learning about even newer technology to help our clients be successful.
- Flexible and considerate working hours.
- Access to regular training opportunities and certification which can include Internal, AWS and Pluralsight.
- Generous pay and benefits such as a subsidised lunch, health care, pension, cycle to work, free day off to celebrate your birthday.
- Excellent relationship with vendors and access to authorities within their field.
If you want to learn, create infrastructure at scale and make some great friends along the way, drop us a line
Flexible Working While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Consulting, Linux, Technology