3 months ago
Job ID : 71242BR
Location : United Kingdom - Basingstoke
Division Specific Information
To develop new disc products for studies and/or Clinical trials and commercial disc products to add to the existing product range. To transfer new formulations to the associated manufacturing process. To develop and use analytical and microbiological procedures to support the development and investigation of our discs products.
What will you do?
* Development of formulations for new disc products.
* Development and use of new analytical procedures for development of disc products.
* Application of the following techniques during disc developments:
* Analytical procedures e.g. HPLC.
* Microbiological techniques.
* Appropriate training will be provided for both techniques, the applicant is expected to have established expertise in at least one of these disciplines.
* Testing AST products to recognised standards (e.g. CLSI, EUCAST, BSAC, etc.).
* Analysing and interpreting data to draw logical conclusions.
* Conduct CAPA investigations for the AST disc product range.
* Support and upkeep of related raw materials & consumables.
* Investigation of the operational factors affecting disc manufacture.
* Working with the manager to ensure that quality standards set for existing products are maintained.
* Planning & execution of small projects in agreement with internal customers to specification in accordance with schedules and budget.
* Updating and tracking of development projects using Microsoft Project.
* Producing scientific reports.
* Documentation of CAPA investigations & contribution to the company CAPA system using SAP.
* Attending team meetings, actively contributing and reporting progress.
* Representing the team in meetings with internal customers.
* Assisting R&D managers in the establishment and implementation of R&D team or department strategies.
* Fulfilling the responsibilities of the position defined in the company Health, Safety and Environmental policies, and associated codes of practice.
* Ensuring that their own work complies with the companies ISO registration.
Who we are looking for:experience, skills & abilities
The jobholder is expected to work using microbiological and analytical chemistry techniques. They are expected to have relevant experience in at least one of these areas and extensive training will be provided on the other. Therefore the jobholder should have at least one of the following:
* A degree or equivalent in chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences or a related topic. Experience of analytical techniques, especially HPLC.
* A degree or equivalent in microbiology or a related subject. Experience in a microbiology laboratory with the ability to demonstrate competency in microbiological techniques, especially AST.
In addition the jobholder should demonstrate good analytical, organisational and communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office software packages, especially Word and Excel, is required.
Some experience in the following would be of benefit but is not essential:
* A formulations development role.
* Transfer to production experience.
* Experience as an end user of AST products.
* Experience with MS Project.
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. !