6 months ago
Development Manager - Investments (Solihull) - (180000RA)
Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire directly, but we do have an approved supplier list for when we’d like a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
We are looking for a Development Manager to be employed by Galliford Try Investments (our main private sector investor).
GTI are seeking to appoint a The Development Manager will help in the sourcing of these new opportunities, bidding for, securing and closing these deals. You will be expected to work closely with the Director of Investments to establish the opportunities and markets in which we can invest, bid and secure new work and maximise the opportunities for all parts of the Group (Construction, FM and Investment). You will also oversee the successful delivery of these projects and work with our Joint Venture partners to manage our investments thus securing their long-term success.
* Help to identify new opportunities, investigate and assess the viability and develop proposals for selected projects
* Lead and coordinate the bid process, ensuring all parties across the team including colleagues, external partners and professional advisors, have a clear understanding of the bid strategy, what is expected of them and their responsibilities in the process
* Lead in the selection, assessment and appointment of partners, advisors and design team for the relevant bid
* Produce and manage bid delivery programme, taking appropriate actions to ensure bid progress remains on target
* Take responsibility for content of and submission of final bid proposals
* Managing the production of presentation information, and fronting presentation of proposals to clients and
* Build successful long term relationships with and negotiate great deals with partners, funds, landowners, agents, local authorities, suppliers and clients
* Managing the development of financial appraisals for projects as produced by internal or external financial advisors and ensuring inputs are received on time and are fully inclusive of all cost requirements
* Manage the preparation of, and the submission of planning material. Ensure planning process is strategically managed with clarity and purpose to deliver a successful planning consent
* Identify and understand the risks of the project and manage the transfer of those risks where appropriate, working with the commercial team to deliver commercially acceptable solutions
* Monitor the design and build contractor, the service provider (if applicable) and
Other key partners and advisors to produce an integrated bid that meets the client’s requirements and fits within the financial constraints of the project
* Manage Galliford Try internal and/or consortium sign off procedures and processes including agreeing bid budgets and controlling expenditure
* Lead negotiation of contracts from Preferred Bidder to Financial Close/Contract Completion.
Experience and Qualifications:
* Degree and/or Professionally Qualified
* A demonstrable track record of success in development or project finance deals from inception to completion
* Five years demonstrable experience at management level
* Knowledge of the residential and/or rail sectors would be advantageous
* Able to work under pressure, developing workable programmes and delivering to deadlines
* Able to absorb and comprehend information from a variety of sources and disciplines
* A team player and leader, with excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
* Clear written and oral communication
* Strong planning and organisational skills
* Proactive problem solver
* Strong judgement and decision making skills.
* Assertive and persuasive with well developed influencing skills
* Able to organise and lead formal presentations
* Proficient in relevant IT applications
* Able to work with a high degree of independence
* Open minded with ability to identify and deliver project winning differentiators
* Commercially astute with the ability to assess and understand costs & risks and agree main commercial terms for projects
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package and we will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
We are one of the UK’s leading housebuilding and construction groups. For 100 years, Galliford Try has helped to shape the world around us and today we are at the forefront of the construction industry with approximately 5,500 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, our focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities we work in. Our involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures our employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.
Investments work is based around unique and often complex projects. We work in internal and external teams bidding to our public-sector clients in areas such as Health, Education, Roads and Regeneration.
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community
Primary Location : West Midlands
Work Locations : Miller House, Birmingham 6060 Knights Court Solihull Parkway Birmingham B37 7WY
Job : Commercial
Organization : Construction & Investments
Job Type : Experienced
Job Posting : Oct 15, 2018, 8:53:31 AM