about 1 month ago
Development Control EngineerBarnet
We have an exciting opportunity to recruit for a Development Control Engineer, based at our site offices in Barnet
This role will involve carrying out relevant duties and responsibilities in the work of the Highways Development Control Team on behalf of the wider Highways Service to ensure the delivery of cost effective and quality services.
* Processing of planning application consultations and carrying out transportation assessments for control of development within set time limits, including the assessment of geometric layouts of new developments.
* Processing of highway applications associated with highway development control process including dealing with S184, S38, S278 applications under the Highways Act 1980
* Processing of Stopping Up applications, Highway Licences, Projection Licences under the Highways Act 1980 and Town and Country Planning Act 1990
* Scoping of the requirement for traffic surveys and transport impact studies that may be required for the assessment of planning applications.
* Appraisal of information on behalf of the Highways Authority and determine recommendations, including carrying out junction capacity calculations, network impact assessments and accident audits.
* Undertake engineering assessments of planning applications and provide the relevant information in report form the Traffic and Development Manager, Development Control and Senior Officers of the Planning Service and make suitable recommendations
* Technical approval Highway submissions to ensure conformity with the current regulations, standards and specifications
* Liaise with the Legal Services regarding planning and highways issues under S106, S38, S278 Agreements and other Licences and Orders in connection with highways development control process.
* Preparing cost estimates for highway works associated with development control process.
* Attend meetings, technical groups and stakeholder forums as required and represent the Highway Authority in meetings with developers and other public-sector officers.
* Provide written professional evidence to support the Highway Authority at Planning Appeals and to attend Informal Planning Hearings as required.
* Must be able to demonstrate suitable experience in traffic / highway engineering / transport and development planning
* General knowledge of planning, development and transport policies and associated legislation
* Demonstrate the ability to programme, supervise and monitor a number of projects / applications simultaneously from inception to completion
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Good IT skills
* Good time /budgetary management skills
* Working knowledge of basic legislation
* Confident self-motivating and innovative
* Able to work without close supervision
* Experience of working with consultants/
* Ability to keep good work records
* ONC/HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering / Transportation
* Membership of an appropriate highway institution (IHT, IHIE, ICE etc.)
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day’s holidays, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.