about 1 month ago
Developer Engineer (16189)
Job ID: 16189
Location: Warrington, UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
You will provide a technical assessment; along with subsequent advice & guidance, to developers on their site drainage proposals. This service could be at any point of the development life cycle, from pre-planning enquiries through to coordinating adoption of newly created assets. You will ensure site drainage of new development is compliant with national standards and United Utilities requirements
* You will be responsible for reviewing proposed plans for site drainage & work with developers to ensure their proposals do not have a detrimental impact on our existing assets & serviceability as well as approving designs submitted by developers for proposed sewers for adoption and associated diverted sewers.
* Approving developer designs for proposed diversion of existing public sewer assets where developers are permitted to divert sewer assets
* Providing a technical, and or co-ordination role for aspects of developer's proposals with respect to Sewer Requisitions.
* Carrying out detailed liaison with other UU departments, customers and other external bodies. Ensuring projects are developed in accordance with legal requirements, Health and Safety, company policy, and departmental procedures and standards.
* Managing a busy workload and ensuring the progress of identified projects against industry leading D-Mex customer service levels.
* Ensuring that consistent quality responses are given to customers
* Assisting in the development of processes, procedures and techniques to improve the efficiency of the department and to help establish the relationships and service level agreements with our customers, including other UU Departments.
* Assisting the Wastewater Developer Services Managers in implementing business initiatives and objectives to meet the company goals
Knowledge and Skills
* To be considered for this role you will need a degree in a technical discipline or substantial relevant industry experience.
* You will have excellent knowledge of UUW wastewater services and thorough understanding of the wider UUW business, together with detailed understanding of the wastewater network, its properties, technical parameters and associated company policy, procedures and specifications.
* Knowledge of the legislation relating to the adoption of wastewater assets
* Knowledge of regulatory obligations in relation to wastewater services
* Highly developed interpersonal skills; including excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills.
* Highly developed customer service skills & previous experience in dealing with customers and/or external bodies.
* Effective time management and ability to plan and implement work to meet deadlines and quality requirements
* Ability to adapt to an ever changing working climate and have an ability to develop new solutions to meet business and legislative requirements
* Knowledge of Micro drainage or MD SuDS
* Experience of designing or assessing SuDS.
* Experience of dealing with House builders or their supply chain in relation to Wastewater design.
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 09/05/21