9 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Digital Content Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Leeds Dock campus offers a pool table, table tennis, discounted gym membership, endless local discounts, and much more.
– Assist in the development and optimisation of systems, applications, and infrastructure
– Automate manual processes
– Provide oversight, standardisation and validation of systems and application architecture
– Design and implement monitoring solutions and tools across the platform to assess analytical data about the platform health and altering on issues
– Design containerised applications, running on highly available, cloud and physical based nodes
– Recommend changes to existing hardware and operating system infrastructure including patches, users, file systems and kernel parameters
– Act as an escalation point to troubleshoot application and operating system problems and suggest possible performance tuning
– Work with database and application teams and partners to gather infrastructure requirements for new projects and expansion to existing applications
– Experience of line managing a technical engineering team
– The ability to mentor and develop team members
– Linux system administration
– Continuous integration tools skills
– Web server configuration skills
– Version control software
– Virtualisation skills
– Cloud provisioning and management
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about