12 months ago
Design Quality Engineer (m/f)-TPFM-UKDY01388416
Bombardier Transportation is a global engineering company that’s shaping the evolution of mobility. We have a rich heritage behind us, but it’s our innovative approach that puts us at the forefront of our industry. At the heart of everything are our employees, our customers and our suppliers, with whom mobility truly begins. Join us at our major site in Derby and take pride in working on high quality, leading-edge projects that will drive your career forward.
We are currently looking to recruit a Design Quality Engineer (m/f) based in Derby, United Kingdom.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Implement, support, train and monitor the quality assurance activities within the product development phases.
- Support the project engineering by scoping and proposing the usage of quality related methods and tools (such as FMEAs, Design Reviews, Problem Solving, Feedback, Process Audits etc.);
- Train and support the engineering teams to use the agreed methods and tools;
- Support the identification and mitigation of engineering related quality risks;
- Support the detection of quality issues by challenging and verifying the quality of critical engineering deliverables;
- Monitor the project related Engineering Quality performance indicators and report to the management.
- Relevant experience in a Quality role;
- Ideally, the candidate will have railway industry experience but alternatively experience in automotive, aerospace, defense or other similar engineering environments would be valuable;
- Ability to apply quality methods, within the Engineering Design Process (e.g. FMEA);
- Language skills: English native/advanced level.
Posting date: 31.10.2017
Closing date: 30.11.2017
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37
Job: Quality Assurance
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Derby
Employee Status: Regular