2 months ago
Design Manager (Civils)
Job number: UK14880
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, Yorkshire and Humber, Leeds
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Design Manager (Civils) to join our Regional team to work in Leeds. This will see you working in partnership with Leeds City Council on various schemes covering Highways, Bridges, Urban Public Realms civils works from Preconstruction to Build.
* To support the implementation and manage the control of the design process to ensure that the design and procurement of projects are delivered to meet Client / Employers Requirements / Contractors Proposals requirements and are in line with agreed cost parameters.
* To support the Site Delivery teams by providing design input and cost-effective solutions.
What you'll be doing
For a Design Manager, you will have the following accountabilities:
* Manage the development and implementation of design proposals ensuring they meet customer requirements including budget constraints, presenting proposals for approval to the customer;
* Work with customers and design partners to define the desired outcomes and develop the design management plan for each design stage to deliver the desired outcome;
* Manage and ensure effective briefing of the Design Team including M&E elements. This includes, where necessary, the management of any 3rd parties or novated design teams to ensure that they meet all customer specifications, and where necessary, checking the competence and resources of any incumbent design teams or 3rd parties.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* This role requires an individual with proven experience in delivering design services principally during the design development stages and successfully implementing design strategies as well as relevant project experience;
* Leadership skills in a matrix organisation are required to deliver design services in a timely manner with a customer and business sector specific focus;
* Good interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure;
* You will know what good looks like in bid submissions and work winning and have hands on experience of delivering work-winning bids in a timely manner.
Good working knowledge of BIM is required
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.