23 days ago
Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire directly, but we do have an approved supplier list for when we’d like a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
We have a fantastic new opportunity for an Design Manager to join our successful Building Midlands and South West business unit. This role is based in the West Midlands, however there may be future requirements to potnentially to work on a project in the South West if required.
Galliford Try is one of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with a vision to be a people-orientated, progressive business, driven by our values to deliver lasting change for our stakeholders and the communities we work in. Our purpose is to improve people’s lives through building the facilities and infrastructure that communities need, providing opportunities for our people to learn, grow and progress, working with our supply chain to promote the very best working practice and caring for the environment in which we work.
We do this by holding true to our values, delivering excellence for our clients and the community, being passionate about our role in providing vital services, putting integrity at the heart of our business by doing the right thing, and collaborating with our clients, supply chain and stakeholders to deliver lasting change and long-term value.
As one of the UK’s top principal contractors you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s most exciting projects offering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. You will be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level with exceptional levels of commitment.
As a major UK contractor, our Construction Division has a diversified workload in the public, regulated and private sectors. The Division boasts a strong reputation for providing whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery, and an ability to innovate. It predominately operates under either the Galliford Try or the Morrison Construction brands, and is organised into five key segments: Building, Infrastructure, Facilities Management, Investments and Integrated Solutions.
Our Building Business:
There has never been a better time to join our team, in particular our Building Division which works across health, education, defence and commercial markets, with a well-balanced spread of both public and private sector clients. Our extensive experience and expertise in building projects enables us to understand our clients’ construction needs and deliver solutions that surpass their expectations. Now is the time to dust off your CV and join us, exciting times are ahead!
You will support the management of the design processes and information flow on Design and Build Contracts and other as applicable, you will also assist in the management of CDP Packages as well as the following additional support: Participate in creating a knowingly safe working environment
* Manage relationships with the client, sub contractors and project and design teams for the efficient development and delivery of designs on a project or bid
* Monitor and lead the design process and provide update to the project manager
* Apply and monitor CDM 15 and principle of prevention and safety in design
* Identify and mitigate design risk and realise opportunities through all stages of a bid or project
* Assist in the selections of designers for a project and ensure competency checks are undertaken
* Develop and agree the scope and responsibilities for consultants and invite fees for the compilation and management of the project fee schedule
* Develop and design programme in conjunction with the Planner and develop, manage, monitor and report on the information release schedules and progres and quality of design deliverables
* Contribute to value engineering and buildability of the project by reviewing and identifying potential interface, buildability and coordination issues and resolving them with the design and project team and sub-contractors
* Report against design progress, quality and consultant performance as required by operationd and design management leads
* Ensure designs are complete including drawings, specifications and schedules following review process
* Identifying the design approvals required and ensure information flow to the client, GT team and subcontractor
* Lead desgign meetings and ensure minutes are produced, distributed and actions closed out
* Apprecaite target cost allowances and ensure designs are wthin budget, liaising with commercial team to seek advice
* Manage statatory and 3rd party processes such as pplanning, building control and BREEAM
* Undertake site inspections to ensure the 'as-built' product meets the design criteria
This is not an exhaustive list of duties.
You ideally should also have a good working knowledge of the following: Health & Safety at Work Act
* Construction (Design & Management) Regulations (2015)
* Design Management Tools, IRS, MIPD, DRM, Programmes
* Design Information: Drawing Types, Specifications, Schedules Reports
* A Common Data Environment: VfP Approvals Process
* Statutory Approvals; Building Control, Planning Process, CDM 2015, Fire Safety
* The RIBA Plan of Work
* Contract Law
* Must have experience in education/schools
* Excellent communications skills
* Experience / understanding of BIM
This is not an exhaustive list of duties
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package and we will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community
Primary Location: General Site Location (Midlands)
Organization: Construction & Investments
Job Type: Experienced
Job Posting: Jul 9, 2021, 3:22:53 PM