9 months ago
Job number: UK14892
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, West Midlands, Solihull
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Design Manager to join our Regional team to work in the West Midlands.
* To support the implementation and manage the control of the design process to ensure that the design and procurement of projects are delivered to meet Client, Employers Requirements and Contractors Proposals requirements and are in line with agreed cost parameters.
* To support the Site Delivery teams by providing design input and cost effective solutions.
What you'll be doing
As a Design Manager, you will have the following accountabilities:
* Manage the development and implementation of design proposals ensuring they meet customer requirements including budget constraints, presenting proposals for approval to the customer;
* Safety in construction and use;
* Quality within affordable parameters;
* Ease of maintenance, energy efficiency with minimum environmental impact;
* Innovation to meet customer goals and positive impact on the local community;
* Manage and ensure effective briefing of the Design Team including M&E elements where necessary.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* You will have proven experience in delivering design services within a Work Winning environment and successfully implementing design strategies as well as relevant project experience.
* Leadership skills in a matrix organisation are required to deliver design services in a timely manner with a customer and business sector specific focus;
* Good interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure;
* You will know what good looks like in bid submissions and work winning and have hands on experience of delivering work-winning bids in a timely manner.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.