5 months ago
We are looking for a Design Manager to work on HS2 Enabling Works to be responsible for the management and overview of a variety of design elements. You will forecast and plan the design delivery and manage day to day aspects of third party design to meet the plan and manage the interface with the customer and third party stakeholders. You will ensure the production of the design deliverables by the third party meets the correct quality, contract, safety, time and cost requirements.
* Input into the appointment of designers which will include consultants, specialists and design and build contractors across a multitude of design disciplines
* Day to day management of the designers to programme budget and quality-providing the primary interface with the sector and work package teams
* Providing support to the sector lead in achieving the correct design outcomes
* Management of design risk
* Reviewing and contributing to the management of change where it affects design
We're looking for:
* Experience of statutory providers design and assurance processes ideally in a rail environment
* Experience of undertaking the primary role of interface between designers and sector/work package teams
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
It is expected that you will work to be a part of the wider project team, living by the programmes expected values. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HS2 – working with Skanska & Costain, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we encourage candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous, you do not have to provide a response.
All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2. We will not share any of your data with other parties. This form is not mandatory, but your response would be appreciated.
Please note this is an advert for our Job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at anytime at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Location: London, England, United Kingdom
* Schedule: Full-time
* Employee Status: Regular