5 months ago
Our piling and foundations business is looking for a Design Manager to join the team in Cementation.
You will be responsible for managing a team of designers to produce engineering solutions that are safe, innovative, to programme and of the highest quality for our clients.
* Manage workload across the technical team and external design resource (where required).
* Drive technical market making - developing and maintaining relationships with Consultants and Clients.
* Support & mentor less experienced members of the technical team, for example senior design engineers, design engineers and graduate engineers.
* Manage tender and contract design processes in accordance with programme, budget and technical requirements.
* Work within teams to develop safe and cost-effective engineering solutions that meet the needs of our clients, ensuring that all relevant technical, health, safety and environmental standards are satisfied.
* Ensure that any design risks on projects are identified and recorded.
We're looking for
* Experience in design within piling and foundations engineering with a good working knowledge of Eurocode and British Standards.
* Demonstrable experience managing teams to deliver in a similar environment.
* Good understanding of materials and construction methods / processes.
* Good level of knowledge and understanding of BIM.
* Good working knowledge of health and safety and environmental legislation
* Excellent report writing skills.
Our piling and foundations team provides internationally recognised geo-technical engineering solutions to the UK construction industry and beyond. We bring new ideas and technology to projects like Northern Line Extension, Crossrail, Battersea Power Station, A14 Cambridge - Huntingdon improvement scheme, M25 widening, HS1 and Manchester’s Northern Hub.
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too
* Location: England, United Kingdom
* Schedule: Full-time
* Employee Status: Regular