5 months ago
This is an excellent opportunity for you to develop your career and work for one of the industry's foremost tunnelling and civil engineering companies, based from our Derby office.
You will have a broad range of design experience, both permanent and temporary works, gained on a wide range of civil engineering and infrastructure projects and you will be looking to join an established team of professional engineers and develop your knowledge and skills.
Requirements: knowledge, skills and experience required:
* You will hold a Master's degree in civil or structural engineering
* Ideally you will be nearing chartered engineer status (CENG, MICE MIStructE)
* You must have proven post graduate experience working in a design environment in the UK on a range of civil engineering projects that could include, tunnels, shafts, bridges, rail or civil infrastructure
* You will be familiar with Eurocodes and have a sound understanding of CDM Regulations, specifically the designer’s requirements and requirements regarding the design risk assessment process
* You will have the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
* Ideally, you will have project management experience
* You will have excellent communication skills in IT, verbal and written forms (in English)
* You will hold a full UK driving licence
You will be accountable for the development of conceptual designs and the production of detailed designs for a variety of tunnelling, structural and civil engineering infrastructure projects and liaising with clients and other stakeholders.
The role will offer you significant opportunities for skills and career development and the chance to be mentored by some of the industry's most respected engineers.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
* Assisting in the development of conceptual design
* Production of engineering design and details in accordance with project requirements
* Preparation of calculations, written reports and checking of drawings
* Checking of design calculations and drawings done by other engineers
* Project Management
* Attend client meetings
* Visits to site as required
Remuneration & Benefits
COWI UK Limited is an equal opportunities employer and believe in rewarding our staff for their commitment and hard work. You will therefore receive a basic salary that will match your skills and experience, coupled with:
28 days holiday plus bank and public holidays
Private health care scheme
Life assurance (4 x salary)
Pension scheme with generous employer contribution
Cycle to work scheme
Flexible working arrangements (details available on request)
Long service awards including: extra pension contributions paid for by the Company and extra annual leave
Employee ownership through COWI share programme