10 months ago
Due to continuing growth, Rail Electrification UK require engineers in the following disiplines to lead delivery and innovation on exciting major projects.
The successful candidates will work within motivated teams of industry leading engineers in one of the following specialisms:
* HV substation design (railway experience preferred)
* System design and modelling
* Protection (with railway experience)
* LV substation design (railway experience preferred)
Roles will be based in York, London or Glasgow.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager:
Undertake design to safely implement rail traction power distribution projects to the customer’s specifications and timescales agreed. Deliver consistent high quality of design.
What are my responsibilities?
• Prepare technical details, distribution drawings, estimates and working drawings for rail traction power works within the project team to meet laid down timescales and authorised budget constraints.
• Carry out independent checking of design documents as required.
• Maintain technical and safety standards in all aspects of design work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
• Flexible, innovative approach, willing to learn and engage in the implementation of new technologies
• Able to contribute and work within a team of industry-leading engineers in an environment open to challenge and being challenged in pursuit of excellence
• Maintain and develop own professional knowledge and competence.
• Provide support and input to Project Manager and Project Engineers on allocated projects.
• Assist in the planning and progress of works in relation to timeline and budget and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met.
• Maintain continuous communication with colleagues and customers to ensure coherent design and customer satisfaction.
• Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan.
• Deputise as Contractors’ Responsible Engineer on allocated projects as directed.
• Support problem solving and site engineering when required.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• An Engineering Degree or HND/HNC minimum.
• Member of the IET or other recognised Professional body.
• Experience in the design and implementation of rail high voltage traction power systems with particular emphasis on the preparation and checking of designs
• Practical experience of the operational requirements of railway construction works.
• Good knowledge of Project Safety requirements.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Understanding of task, time and people management.
• Positive and enthusiastic approach to continual personal development and team working.
• Working towards Chartered Engineer Status
• Holder of Personal Track Safety card
• Railway protection, traction power system design, SCADA, distribution or substation project/site engineer experience
Requisition ID: 296676
Career Level: not defined
Full time or part time possible