12 months ago
Design Engineer - Packaging HVAC
This role sits within the HVAC team of our automotive function.
Malmesbury is tucked away in countryside famous for the landmarks of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. A charming Wiltshire market town doesn’t sound like the place to develop world leading technology, but it’s just right for us. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent–minded.
As part of the £2.5 billion investment, Dyson acquired a 517 acre plot in Hullavington. This former Royal Air Force base, just five miles from Dyson HQ, will increase our UK footprint tenfold. We’ll be turning old hangars into futuristic labs and workspaces – creating a campus to rival those in Silicon Valley.
We’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source. For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2020.
• Delivery focused role
• Design of parts – liaising closely with the packaging team and other PMTs
• Ownership of packaging design of cooling system hose and pipes assemblies and parts within
• Liaising and working cross team to solve packaging issues
• Creating and updating technical drawings at part level, assembly level and tolerance stacks
• Liaising with suppliers with regard to design, DFM, prototyping and timing
• Design of test rigs to prove out fundamentals
• Min BEng Mechanical Engineering
• Experience in automotive or similar industry
• Knowledge of automotive processes (APQP, DFMEAs, DVPs)
• Experience using Siemens NX8.0 CAD software in automotive industry.
• Experience with Cooling systems and AC Loops
• Previous Commodity ownership experience, including release of drawings and specifications to suppliers and managing delivery
• An appreciation of other engineering disciplines such aerodynamics, thermodynamics, CFD analysis and electrical, electronics and electromagnetic systems
• A practical understanding of fluid dynamics
• Experience/knowledge of thermodynamic cycles •
• Experience of system measurement techniques – airflow, temperature, pressure
• Experience of pressurised systems and pressure vessels
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.