5 months ago
Design Engineer - HVAC
This role sits within the HVAC team of our automotive function.
As part of the £2.5 billion investment, Dyson acquired a 517 acre plot in Hullavington. This former Royal Air Force base, just five miles from Dyson HQ, will increase our UK footprint tenfold. We’ll be turning old hangars into futuristic labs and workspaces – creating a campus to rival those in Silicon Valley.
We’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source.
For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2020.
• Deliver design solutions that: are based on sound engineering analysis and validated with robust testing, Satisfy product life and quality specifications. and are innovative with high-value IP.
• Be responsible for delivering parts and assemblies from concept to manufacture with a strong delivery focus. DFMEA, DFA etc
• Produce 3D CAD models, engineering drawings and tolerance stacks for components and assemblies.
• Deliver concepts and prototypes for airflow system components that meet specification and are optimised for low cost, high volume manufacturing.
• Understand and apply engineering analysis and hand calculations to develop concepts and validate designs.
• Work cross team to ensure product performance, packaging and assembly requirements are met.
• Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices.
• Demonstrate clear presentation of technical information and supporting documentation.
* A degree in a relevant engineering, science or product design discipline with a demonstrable level of industrial experience in the design and development of mechanical or aero-acoustic systems.
Minimum technical experience and knowledge:
* Ability to use 3D computer aided design (CAD) software packages.
* Enthusiasm for a design → build → test → iterate, design process.
* An ability to demonstrate a thorough, logical approach to problem solving.
* Knowledge of tolerance-stack analysis.
* Design for plastic injection moulding manufacturing.
* Experience delivering products to the production phase.
* Data analysis with MATLAB/Excel/Python etc.
* FMEA analysis.
* Experience in automotive HVAC design.
* Experience using Siemens NX CAD software.
* FEA analysis using ANSYS workbench.
* Knowledge of engineering disciplines such fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, acoustics, CFD, mechatronics.
* Experience of air flow measurement techniques.
* Design of experiments or Six Sigma methodology.
* Experience working directly with suppliers
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.