4 months ago
We are looking for a Design Engineer to join our highways team in Oxford.
The Oxfordshire Highways contract is an integrated contract delivering a range of services in partnership with Oxfordshire County Council. To achieve the growth and economic aspirations set by Oxfordshire County Council, there is an exciting and ambitious capital investment programme to tackle congestion and improve access to businesses and housing, and therefore we are seeking to recruit design staff at various levels to expand the Oxford office.
The Design Engineer will work as part of a small team of engineers and technicians to develop and deliver a wide range of highway and transport infrastructure projects. These range from small scale city centre cycling & pedestrian improvements, to major new highway infrastructure and sustainable transport projects.
• Design a range of highway improvement and traffic engineering schemes.
• Work closely with project managers and other local teams to plan and implement these schemes from ‘cradle to grave’ within budget and to programme, and in compliance with quality, safety and environmental objectives.
• Consult with a range of internal and external stakeholders at all stages of a scheme.
• Ensure that relevant standards are applied in accordance with national & local criteria and sound engineering practice, to deliver appropriate solutions which offer best value.
• Assist in the training and development of our trainee and graduate engineers.
We're looking for:
• Track record for delivering highways and transport design projects, as part of a team of professional engineers.
• Working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges/Specification for Highway Works relating to the design and maintenance of local authority highway and transport schemes.
• Working knowledge of the design & delivery of highway infrastructure projects using BIM/Digital Engineering software, systems and data.
• Site based highways experience to provide sufficient understanding of buildability, traffic management and construction programming (desirable).
• A relevant Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent, or Foundation Degree/HNC/HND together with sufficient post qualification experience.
• Chartered Member or working towards being a Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or equivalent professional qualification.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player with a ‘can do’ approach.
The position is based in our co-located office in County Hall. We work out of a lively, vibrant workplace in a central location where we are next to one of the UK’s leading shopping centres with excellent access to public transport.
A career with us means you will have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. With a multitude of great opportunities within the company, joining us means you will be supported and involved at every step in a team where we take pride in promoting a ‘family culture’.