about 1 year ago
Design Engineer – Cabin Safety & Interiors
CDG is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Boeing Company. It is a global operation with over 1,500 employees across the UK, India and the USA. The company specialises in supporting the Aerospace and Defence sectors with the development of Technical Documentation, Engineering Learning Media and Aircraft Interior Design Changes and Certification.
To support the design and certification of aircraft interior modifications by generation, review and approval of certification documentation to demonstrate compliance with relevant regulatory and customer requirements.
• Reporting to the Design Manager and working with the global engineering services team, across multiple time-zones, in order to identify certification requirements and solutions for active and upcoming aircraft cabin interior reconfiguration projects.
• To be a technical focal for certification issues relating to Interior Integration and Cabin Safety for Minor Design Changes and STC Applications being undertaken by CDG
• Develop substantiation documentation in order to demonstrate compliance with relevant regulations including;
o Test plans and reports
o Compliance Statements
o Analysis documents
o Compliance checklists
o Certification programmes
• Compile engineering accomplishment documentation and instructions for continued airworthiness including;
o Engineering drawing
o Service Bulletins / accomplishment instructions
o Aircraft and component manual supplements
• Review and approve substantiation documentation produced by other members of staff or by suppliers to provide assurance of successful showing of compliance with relevant customer and regulatory requirements.
• Current or recent employment within the aerospace industry working with an EASA Part 21, Subpart J Design Organisation.
• Able to demonstrate a comprehensive working knowledge of EASA regulatory and applicable airworthiness requirements including CS-25, JAR-25 and FAR 25 requirements.
• Knowledge and experience of aircraft interior reconfiguration programmes with a high level of attention to detail and capability of reviewing design packages.
• Ability to work on multiple programmes with varying level of requirements efficiently and effectively.
• Ability to prioritise workloads and show flexibility to changing situations / demands.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree within Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering and/or at least 5-10 years' experience in related commercial aircraft design fields.