3 months ago
We are looking for a Design Engineer (Bridges) to join our design team in Oxford.
The Oxfordshire Highways contract is an integrated contract delivering a range of services in partnership with Oxfordshire County Council. Oxfordshire County Council maintains over 1000 highway structures, many of them with historic interest and key significance in the transport network, providing a varied and challenging workload. To achieve the growth and economic aspirations set by Oxfordshire County Council, there is an exciting and ambitious capital investment programme to tackle congestion and improve access to businesses and housing, and therefore we are seeking to recruit design staff at various levels to expand the Oxford office.
The Design Engineer will work as part of a small team of engineers and technicians to design and deliver a range of projects and functions to maintain this important asset, to agreed budgets and programmes.
• Prepare designs for a wide variety of bridge replacement, strengthening and maintenance schemes in accordance with the client’s brief, Skanska processes, and relevant legislation.
• Implement a variety of highway structures schemes from ‘cradle to grave’, within budget, to programme and in compliance with quality, safety and environmental objectives, including liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
• Support a programme of inspections of highway structures to assist the client in effective asset management of the county bridge stock.
• Assist in other structures asset management activities such as review of third party designs, structural assessments, maintenance prioritisation etc.
• Work closely with project managers and other local team members to provide technical support to a variety of highway and transport schemes.
• Assist in the training and development of our trainee and graduate engineers.
We're looking for:
• Experience in highway structures inspection, maintenance, design, asset management and construction.
• Experience of working with clients, contractors, stakeholders and multidiscipline teams.
• Working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges relating to the maintenance and construction of highway infrastructure.
• Proficient in use of structural analysis software (e.g. LUSAS, TEDDS, RING etc).
• Proficient in using AutoCad, and experience in use of Civils 3D, Revit or similar 3D design packages (desirable).
• A relevant Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent, or Foundation Degree/HNC/HND together with sufficient post qualification experience.
• Chartered Member, or working towards being a member, of the Institution of Civil Engineers or equivalent professional qualification.
• Good interpersonal skills and a team player with a ‘can do’ approach.
The position is based in our co-located office in County Hall. We work out of a lively, vibrant workplace in a central location where we are next to one of UK’s leading shopping centres with excellent access to public transport.
A career with us means you will have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. With a multitude of great opportunities within the company, joining us means you will be supported and involved at every step in a team where we take pride in promoting a ‘family culture’.