8 months ago
* Edinburgh, United Kingdom
* Job Description
Siemens Mobility is currently recruiting for our rapidly growing Rail Electrification business in Scotland. Based out of Edinburgh, we are looking for talented Electrical Design Engineers with traction power experience to lead delivery and innovation on exciting major projects and to support the growth of the team.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful Design Engineer candidate will be responsible to support and deliver consistent, high quality designs to safely implement rail traction power distribution projects. They will be responsible for ensuring that the quality of designs is to the required standards and that target dates are achieved. This includes product supply and installation works and shall be delivered in accordance with Siemens management processes. Candidates should have experience of producing detailed design submissions and construction / commissioning of electrical infrastructure including substations.
What are my Responsibilities?
* Prepare technical details, distribution drawings, estimates and working drawings for rail traction power works within the project team to meet laid down timescales and authorised budget constraints.
* Carry out independent checking of design documents as required.
* Plan and execute detailed site surveys.
* Undertake option development for projects.
* Assist with the production of tenders including providing technical input.
* Maintain technical and safety standards in all aspects of design work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
* Flexible, innovative approach, willing to learn and engage in the implementation of new technologies.
* Able to contribute and work within a team of industry-leading engineers in an environment open to challenge and being challenged in pursuit of excellence
* Maintain and develop own professional knowledge and competence.
* Provide support and input to Project Manager and Project Engineers on allocated projects. Assist in the planning and progress of works in relation to timeline and budget and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met.
* Maintain continuous communication with colleagues and customers to ensure coherent design and customer satisfaction.
* Experience of On-Site construction including developing site work packs (Work Package Plans, Method Statements, Task Briefs etc).
* Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan.
* Deputise as Contractors’ Responsible Engineer on allocated projects as directed.
* Production of As Built information to support project handback.
* Support problem solving and site engineering when required.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
* An Engineering Degree or HND/HNC minimum.
* Member of the IET or other recognised Professional body.
* Experience in the design and implementation of rail high voltage traction power systems with particular emphasis on the preparation and checking of designs
* Practical experience of the operational requirements of railway construction works.
* Good knowledge of Project Safety requirements including CDM Regulations.
* A focus on design integration and Safety by Design principles.
* Developing specific Risk Assessments with a focus on integration, construction, commissioning and operational requirements.
* Good Knowledge of Network Rail, British and International Standards.
* Understanding of Network Rail GRIP Stages.
* Understanding of the key interfaces between design, construction and commissioning.
* Excellent communication skills
* Understanding of task, time and people management.
* Positive and enthusiastic approach to continual personal development and team working.
* Working towards Chartered Engineer Status
* Holder of Personal Track Safety card
* Railway protection, traction power system design, SCADA, distribution or substation project/site engineer experience
* Commercially Aware.
* Experience of containerised design and construction including Factory Acceptance Tests, Site Acceptance Tests.
* Develop detailed plans for on-site works including labour and resource requirements, test and commissioning and subcontractor activities.
* Previous experience of coordinating and integrating with project stakeholders including the operator and maintainer.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We
recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 178107
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time