7 months ago
Job number: UK14626
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, London, London
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Design Coordinator to join our Regional team to work in London.
Implement and manage the control of the design process to ensure that the design and procurement of specialist packages are delivered to meet project requirements and are in line with cost parameters.
To support the Project Delivery teams by providing design input and cost-effective solutions.
The role requires you to work as part of a team.
What you'll be doing
As a Design Coordinator, your main accountabilities will be as follows:
* Contribute to or complete the project design responsibilities matrix
* Provide advice and guidance on the buildability of the design proposals to the design and construction teams on all packages.
* Liaise with all statutory bodies/authorities as required such as town planning, building control and services e.g. gas and water.
* Ensure BIM management during the project ensuring the supply chain is fully aware of BIM requirements
* Consider the application of Lean construction techniques in order to save money, reduce waste and optimise construction.
Who we're looking for
The following personal qualities and experience are required:
* Good interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure.
* Good working knowledge of BIM is required. The individual will have experience within the most current forms of procurement.
* Preferably relevant Professional membership with an appropriate institute, e.g. RIBA, BIBSE, IET, aligned to the workstream is recommended. A valid CSCS card is a requirement.
* Excellent IT Skills relevant to the Business Stream are desirable and Microsoft Office is essential.
* Detailed knowledge of codes of practice and other regulatory material, applicable to the Business Stream.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.