5 months ago
Murphy Group are currently recruiting a Design Coordinator to on our CP6 Anglia Framework who has a high standard of professionalism and enthusiasm.
We have been awarded the single contractor multi-disciplinary CP6 framework to maintain and renew the Anglia route for Network Rail. This is a significant step forward in meeting our ten year plan and will help us build scale, fuel and resilience.
The Anglia route is the second busiest in the UK and covers 1,700 miles of track from London Liverpool Street to Norfolk. It takes 63.6 million passenger journeys a year. There are 3,177 services a day through 320 stations. The framework award is one of the most substantial of Network Rail's CP6 contracts following the Office of Rail and Road's final determination for £35bn of funding for rail maintenance and renewals.
This framework will include complex and challenging works covering all Renewals for the route, including Bridge Replacements/Refurbishments/Strengthening; Earthworks; Overhead Electrified Lines; Power Upgrades and Station Enhancements.
* Assist the Design Manager to deliver high quality designs to budget and programme
* Prepare briefs/remits for design packages and for site investigation and survey packages
* Strike up good working relationships with external and internal design and construction teams to deliver integrated designs which are buildable and maintainable
* Review submissions as directed for quality and sufficiency
* Update design folders and registers on an ongoing basis
* Produce minutes and schedules for Design Review Meetings
* Assist the wider engineering team members as required with engineering input
* Able to communicate engineering ideas through sketching and drawing by hand and using CAD software
* Attend site as required
* Co-ordination / management abilities to deal with several small projects or large multi-disciplined projects
* Design capability as pre-requisite for submission review and checking
Skills and Experience
* Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office and other design based software such as AutoCad and Microstation
* Experience of undertaking or coordinating design, preferably within the rail environment
* Working knowledge of Network Rail standards and relevant regulations
* Excellent interpersonal skills and assertive when required to ensure timeous design delivery