8 months ago
We are one of the UK’s leading housebuilding and construction groups. For 100 years, Galliford Try has helped to shape the world around us and today we are at the forefront of the construction industry with approximately 5,550 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, our focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities we work in. Our involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures our employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.
Partnerships & Regeneration
Partnerships represents a fusion of contracting, housing and mixed-use regeneration expertise. We undertake design and build contracting, mixed tenure and speculative development, estate regeneration and property support services nationwide. We work in collaborative long-term arrangements with Registered Providers, Local Authorities and other stakeholders to build high quality housing and sustainable communities.
To ensure the Client’s requirements are fully represented in the Consultant’s design and that the works are constructed in accordance with the design, current good practice and within cost parameters, thereby representing best value for both Company and Client.
To ensure operational teams have accurate, sufficient information to progress the works in accordance with the Employer’s Requirements, programme and other pre-determined parameters by managing the Design Team and supervising their functions.
Key Responsibilities: Recommend appointment of Consultants
* Monitor, review and comment on currently employed Consultants and refer to Directors.
* Control of Design Process - From Planning Application stage through to project completion.
* Convene and chair Design Team meetings and ensure an appropriate record of action points are recorded, distributed and monitored to a conclusion.
* To ensure Consultants prepare detailed designs in accordance with Employer’s Requirements and Contractors Proposals. Review co-ordination aspects.
* Manage and review the design development process ensuring value engineering & buildability are considered at all stages.
* To ensure construction issue design information is distributed to the correct parties and approvals obtained (where appropriate) in accordance with the programme and design procurement schedule.
* Responsible for the management of design information to allow timely discharge of all planning conditions.
* Set up, monitor and maintain a design stage programme and/or information required schedule (IRS) as appropriate.
* To ensure timely registration with warranty providers i.e. NHBC, Robust Details and Building Regulation Application.
* Manage Statutory Service Applications
* To ensure timely completion and issue of technical assessments, CfSH/BREEAM information, warranties, certificates and the like.
* Manage the preparation, approval and distribution of the Health and Safety File/Operating and Maintenance Manuals.
* Attend Site Meetings as required.
* Set up information/drawing registers and ensure information control is in accordance with all relevant Company BMS Procedures and that a full archive of design information is retained.
* To promote the company and its activities, both internally and externally.
* Be innovative in developing markets, ideas, opportunities and best value for the Company.
* Review design development to allow construction of works to follow safety working practices and be in accordance with current legislation, Group Policy and Procedures.
* Liaise with the Company Temporary Works Coordinator and Designers.
* Ensure any post planning application pre-commencement activities carried out on site comply with Group Policy & Procedures i.e. ground investigation, archaeological surveys etc.
Experience and Qualifications: Construction/design related further education
* Construction/design related HNC/HND/Degree
* Member of Professional Body CIOB/RIBA/RICS
* Relevant CSCS card
* New build experience in:
* Social/affordable Housing sites
* Private spec housing
* Extra care accommodation
* Traditional construction
* Timber frame construction
* Various substructure construction methods
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
Primary Location: Cheshire
Warrington Innovation House
Innovation House Daten Park, Birchwood
Warrington WA3 6UT
Organization: Partnerships Division OU 4001
Job Type: Experienced
Job Posting: Sep 18, 2019, 10:17:14 AM