8 months ago
Design Administrator Assistant
Job number: UK15123
Company/Division: Gas Water
Career area: Administration Support
UK, West Midlands, Wolverhampton, West Midlands (County)
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a DESIGN ADMINISTRATOR ASSISTANT to join our Gas & Water business unit to work in Wolverhampton, West Midlands (County).
To provide dedicated and efficient administration support to the Area Delivery teams.
What you'll be doing
As a DESIGN ADMINISTRATOR ASSISTANT, you will have the following accountabilities:
* To operate in an open- and even-handed manner with all personnel across the business. Treat all who we interact with, with courtesy and respect, treating everyone equally and embracing differences. Encourage everyone to achieve maximum potential;
* To proactively contribute to teamwork and cross-functional working. To listen to each other and share knowledge, enabling us to willingly combine expertise across the business and with our clients and supply chain;
* Behaving with integrity and demonstrating professional image at all times. To always do what is right;
* To take personal responsibility and accountability for actions, constantly striving to improve and exceed expectations ensuring safety and quality are never compromised.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* Excellent communication skills;
* Excellent planning/organisational skills;
* Committed, flexible approach to varying duties;
* Focuses on the customer;
* Exhibits flexibility.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beattys Gas & Water teams work in the UK and internationally, providing expertise and experience to support a stable and safe supply of these vital services.
Working on long-term, large-scale contracts, we build close, collaborative relationships with our clients. Our teams bring technical knowledge and in-depth industry experience to projects, provide exceptional customer service and introduce innovative approaches to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and the environment.
Our water operations cover the whole lifecycle of networks, including clean and waste water mains, metering, treatment facilities and other essential infrastructure. Working closely with the supply chain, we employ industry-leading approaches like BIM and offsite construction to bring cost and time efficiencies to projects.
In the gas sector, we work to expand and renew underground mains, often in busy and high-impact residential and commercial areas. We work closely with clients to manage and plan work intelligently in these areas, minimising the impact this essential work has on local communities.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.