7 months ago
Are you a support engineer looking to use your skills in a dynamic and fast moving environment delivering market leading cyber security services to a wide variety of clients?
The cyber security landscape has changed dramatically over the past few years with a record number of incidents and threats being reported.
Attackers are rapidly becoming more sophisticated and threats are originating from all directions; external (syndicated crime, foreign intelligence agencies, and activists); internal (disgruntled employees, unintended disclosures); and supply chain (counterfeit hardware, insecure software, poor coding practices).
Our Cyber Intelligence Centre (CIC) detects cyber threats and helps organisations protect and secure their networks, systems, applications and information through the provision of managed services, including security incident and event monitoring, cyber analytics, threat intelligence and vulnerability management.
You will maintain and improve the technologies that our analysts depend on to protect our customers. Tasks might include troubleshooting technology issues with our customers, building new tools to streamline our analysts’ processes, or building a lab environment to allow us to trial new technologies.
To succeed in this role, you will have great technical skills, enjoy problem solving, and enjoy working in a team of like-minded individuals.
Working alongside other engineers and operational analysts, you will configure, maintain, tune and develop our SIEM, analytics platform, Threat Intelligence tools and supporting technologies.
* Provide technical support for our analysis platforms from log collection through to correlation and alerting.
* Develop and enhance in-house capabilities to improve the resilience and efficiency of our services
* Support new and evolving services (i.e. on-boarding new data sources or building new ingest pipelines)
* Monitor and manage the performance and capacity of our lab, pre-production and production infrastructure
* Support security engineering requirements for projects, transitions, and transformations.
* Provide out of hours on-call support as part of a rota.
* 2-5 years in a technical support or engineering role
* Experience in Linux or Windows server administration, configuration and troubleshooting.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Enthusiastic approach to problem solving and identifying improvements
* Experience of coding or scripting in languages such as Java, Python, Bash or Powershell.
* Experience in SOC Support
* Experience in database administration, configuration and troubleshooting.
* Experience with complex regular expressions
* Experience with ArcSight
* Sound Technical knowledge from some or all of the following areas: Unix Systems, Hadoop, SQL Database Technologies, Microsoft Systems, Data Networking, Data Analysis, Data Centre / Operational Processes, Vulnerability Scanning solutions
* Ability to gain SC clearance.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit, Tax, Consulting and Corporate Finance. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 155055